No problems with 2.2 whatsoever.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Obviously many people are having issues with the 2.2 update. It may be constructive to figure out what's different about everyone's phones to pinpoint potential problems, so I'll list some things regarding my update process and consecutive phone set up.

1. I downloaded the OTA with my phone plugged in. It took about 15 minutes, and my phone was at full charge. Immediately fter download, I did a *22899 reset.

2. I have many third party apps: I uninstalled, and reinstalled each one to ensure compatibility, and all checked out as 2.2 compatible.

3. Some apps download to SD, others to the phone - I left them where they downloaded to.

4. My mobile data button is only on when I use it.

5. I use wifi when available - at home, I use it exclusively.

6. I've ran through all phone functions, including apps, and everything works fine, including: gps, camera, movies, music, gallery, tethering, bluetooth ( I even re-paired my headset),

7. No noticeable improvements in 3G reception.

8. Browsing is definately quicker, and updates/alerts seem to happen more timely. Email is definately snappier.

9. The only new download I've done since 2.2 is: Air Attack, and several font packs.

10. I use stock apps for resource management, pictures, movies, task kill, music, etc, and have no third party launchers.

11. I use one home screen, with apps organized into folders, with black wallpaper.

12. Flash support seems to work flawlessy as well.

So let's compare notes and see if we can find out why so many are having issues, while myself and others are not.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
AllForNaught

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Here's a couple pics:

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums