1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No problems here... is it just me?

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by killdashnine, Mar 1, 2011.

1. killdashnine

killdashnine New Member

I've not experienced any issues with messaging. I find it kind of difficult to believe that I am the minority here. I'm not using the store in memory options and have been using Handscent for my messaging. I've received all my messages to date.

Is there any way to replicate the issues you guys were having? Is my phone impervious to ROM faults? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

I haven't had any issues either, or atleast I haven't noticed anything yet. lol I've been running PE GB since they released it.

Definitely on of the best Rom's I've used.
  3. PARick

PARick New Member

I think it depends. Most of the problems are correctable. But, in my case, I think Touchdown is so big that it won't function properly. If my Touchdown worked with this ROM I would reinstall it. But, for now, 4.2 will have to do. And yes, it rhymes!
  4. killdashnine

killdashnine New Member

See there again.... I run Touchdown for my work email, and it has been working fine. I confused (a little concerned) about the discrepancies.

Was Touchdown just not notifying you? I run a touchdown widget, maybe that keeps it in memory??
  5. Stelv

Stelv New Member

How much free Ram do you guys have. If you have a large amount you may not be having problems. The lock in memory helped the mms issue, but I started getting some issues like no 3g after call, downloads getting killed, widgets not updating, etc. It is still one of the best GB builds out now IMO.
  6. diggy488

diggy488 New Member

I think since we all desire different features and uses, we trigger different actions on the phone. I'm pretty simplistic and don't listen to too much music, nor do I like fancy animations. So I don't see a lot of the issues others are finding. I use just a handful of apps while others use 30+ apps and find out there's conflict. So each person's mileage varies. :greendroid:
  7. PARick

PARick New Member

Notifications were fine. The send button wouldn't work unless I saved as draft, exited, then went back in. Also alot of FCs. I locked it in and that did not help. I use the widget as well. it was just too erratic. Also, I had to touch the liscense key constantly to get full features. And no, I did not have either on my SD card. And yes, I have plenty of space :)
  8. killdashnine

killdashnine New Member

30-40M... from what I see. Where can you see this?

I just ran ATK widget and it shows what's free after killing apps.
  9. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

Setting -> Applications -> Manage App's

It should say how much RAM is currently being used, and how much is free at the Bottom of your screen.
  10. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Don't use automatic task killing. Manually kill apps if you have too. Free ram can be viewed in settings>applications>running services. 30-40mbs isn't bad. 60 is better. I am actually back to 4.2 right now as my Ram was lower than 30 and I needed everything to be working correctly at the moment.
  11. killdashnine

killdashnine New Member

Ok, 57/58 free.

So, is it safe to say if I have an adequate amount of memory, I should be ok with my messaging/touchdown notifications?
  12. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Probably, but I would lock your messaging into memory just in-case.