1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

no pictures contacts in my google voice

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by cisco0910, Dec 17, 2009.

1. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

When i open up the app, it'll have a list of activities you know, like sms's, VM's, etc. Well they all have there names like David Brown for example but there pictures arent showing up. I'm guessing it's because i have to add a +1 to everybodies number in contacts?!?! Gawd, i hope you guys know an easier solution..
  2. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

guys and gals?
  3. joegrind

joegrind New Member

But if you use the native phone log, you do see their pictures correct? As in sms/ call log etc?
    never heard of the +1 option...does that make the facebook pic sync with your google contact (on the web)?
    You can go into Google contacts and change their profile pic to whatever you want individually...that way the pic shows up on the GVoice app and Gvoice web...just as tedious I imagine. Unfortunately, I don't know of anyway your phone contact pics (and thus facebook profile pics) sync with the Google contacts on the web...that would be sweet if it can be done.
  4. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

That's correct Joegrind. I can see all my pics on Handscent and also the Messaging that came stock with my droid just fine. The reason i say i think it's a "+1" issue is because when i click on a SMS from somebody who normally comes up fine on handscent for example on GVoice then i hit SMS, the number to SMS them is always +1757*******. You don't have same problem?
  5. taypotts

taypotts New Member

I think you have to add their pictures in your google voice account. Google.com/voice

I have put like 4 pics our of 60 contacts and those 4 ppl are the only ones that show pics. Try that.
  6. joegrind

joegrind New Member

Okay...I don't use handcent but see the +1 come up sometimes using the Gvoice app. But if you wanted to see their pics on the Gvoice app, the picture would have to be added to the Google Contacts profile. Too much work for me. I'm happy with the native phone contacts that updates their Facebook pics automatically.
Search tags for this page
google voice app profile photo
google voice contact photos
google voice google contacts pictures
google voice sync contact pictures
how to add contacts in google voice android

how to add pictures to google voice contacts

my google voice contacts
when i go to google voice picture profile