No picture messages in pe5

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by jpin321, Mar 16, 2011.

1. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've searched this but I can't find a solution or workaround. I get normal texts just fine but if someone sends me a picture message I never get it. This isn't a game changer but its annoying. Any info anyone?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Are you using the stock messaging app, or a third-party app like Handcent or Chomp SMS? There have been a number of posts addressing this, and the consensus has been that if you use a third-party app and restored data to that app using Titanium Backup, then your ability to send or receive MMS messages will be broken. I personally found that uninstalling Handcent made MMS work again, and also that wiping the data from Handcent made it work, as well.

3. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So uninstall then reinstall with no tiback restore? That should fix it? Or should I not use handcent at all?

4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Either way would fix it. I ended up just uninstalling Handcent and using the stock messaging app instead because redoing all my Handcent customization would have been such a PITA and the stock messaging app looks a whole lot better than it used to now that it's inverted (black with white text). The nice result is that it cleared up some storage space, which also helps with GB memory management issues.

5. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I uninstalled handcent, rebooted, and configured stock msg app. Now I get the picture message but the picture never comes through it just says downloading..... I've left it for almost 20 min and no pic. :(

Search tags for this page

text message shows no picture just says downloading