No Pic Messages

Alex K.

Reaction score
I see that you are running Cyan5.0.5.7. This is a known issue and has been fixed in more recent versions of CyanogenMod.

celborn

Reaction score
I'm getting this too and im running 5062 but it seems like it just started happening to me in the last two or three weeks.. I hope 507 comes out soon sp I can start getting the pictures that my girlfriend its sending me of houston

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ucpro

Reaction score
-call *228 and hit option 1

-shut the phone down and pull the battery for about 2 mins

- turn the phone on and try to get a pic again, this always works for me. it seems like it only stops working when i switch roms without wiping data/cache

if u have handcent, i would get rid of that before doing any of this though

Alex K.

Reaction score

- turn the phone on and try to get a pic again, this always works for me. it seems like it only stops working when i switch roms without wiping data/cache

If you are in 1x, picture messages will not come through. In 3G, you can purge messages by calling voicemail and after it connects, end the call.

celborn

Reaction score

I would do the*228 but when I dial that I dont get a dial pad to hit any of the options. But I will try the battery removal thing. I do have hand cent and its worked perfectly since I upgraded to cm 5062 when it first came out.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Kobra

Reaction score
I have the same problem as i don't get allot of messages that are sent, and i am not sure why? I tried the *228 thing as well, but the phone for some reason doesn't give you a dial pad at all. No way to press option 1 Whats up with that?? Is everyone else's like that?

Also Alex K you said
If you are in 1x, picture messages will not come through. In 3G, you can purge messages by calling voicemail and after it connects, end the call.
If that is the case then how do the dumb phones I had in the past that utilizes 1X instead of 3G get messages? To me that doesn't make sense, because i always got them fine on my LG Envy touch.

Last edited:

Alex K.

Reaction score
I have the same problem as i don't get allot of messages that are sent, and i am not sure why? I tried the *228 thing as well, but the phone for some reason doesn't give you a dial pad at all. No way to press option 1 Whats up with that?? Is everyone else's like that?

Also Alex K you said
If that is the case then how do the dumb phones I had in the past that utilizes 1X instead of 3G get messages? To me that doesn't make sense, because i always got them fine on my LG Envy touch.

It's a network protocol with smartphones only.

DroidHoff

Reaction score

Also Alex K you said

Okay when you dial *228 no dial pad comes up but all you have to do is slide open the keyboard and hit the number 2 key to update your PRLs. You do not need to hold shift or anything just hit number 2. With regards to your 1x picture message problem and it working on your LG. Coming from blackberry in the past I learned that there is different types of signals other than 3G and 1x. Actually VZW has the following. This is what the CSR has told me.

1XEV which is displayed as 3G 4-5 bars
1X (also likely what you remember seeing on your LG) this still allows for media messaging but is not 3G speed.
1xev SMS, Phone and in a data coverage area although the phone may not be receiving data.
1x voice and SMS only (only other thing displayed on droid other than 3G)
X no signal at all

but try the *228 it should fix it.

Kobra

Reaction score

Also Alex K you said

Okay when you dial *228 no dial pad comes up but all you have to do is slide open the keyboard and hit the number 2 key to update your PRLs. You do not need to hold shift or anything just hit number 2. With regards to your 1x picture message problem and it working on your LG. Coming from blackberry in the past I learned that there is different types of signals other than 3G and 1x. Actually VZW has the following. This is what the CSR has told me.

1XEV which is displayed as 3G 4-5 bars
1X (also likely what you remember seeing on your LG) this still allows for media messaging but is not 3G speed.
1xev SMS, Phone and in a data coverage area although the phone may not be receiving data.
1x voice and SMS only (only other thing displayed on droid other than 3G)
X no signal at all

but try the *228 it should fix it.
Thanks for the info. Always nice to learn. Oh and used the keyboard that i always forget I have and that worked. Now will test to see if those messages start coming. Thanks