No physical camera button

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I always found it much easier to take a steady shot with the on screen button. It was nice having the physical key for a quick focus without taking the shot though. For example, sometimes i will take a macro shot on my X, and i will check to make sure it can focus correctly with the physical key first, then take the shot with the on screen.

huelsebu

Reaction score
I don't use my camera button for pictures at all. But via Tasker, I use it as a per-app shortcut key. For example, when I push and hold the camera button while in my browser, the Xmarks app launches. Def will miss little things like that...

Raptor007

Reaction score
For me the 4.3 inch screen allows me to type easily, on the Droid2 Global the keyboard was too cramped and difficult to type on. If I could get a 4.3inch with a physical keyboard, maybe but I think it would be too heavy and bulky.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always found it much easier to take a steady shot with the on screen button. It was nice having the physical key for a quick focus without taking the shot though. For example, sometimes i will take a macro shot on my X, and i will check to make sure it can focus correctly with the physical key first, then take the shot with the on screen.

This is what I like about the physical button. I never really used the on screen button. I take it there is no way to do that with the on screen one?

akhi216

Reaction score
To me nothing is more comforting than having a hardware keyboard for those times where you don't really have the time to look while typing, and especially when entering passwords, and if you password has numbers in it, you are looking at even longer to type that thing in. Give me a Droid 3 with a dual core processor and they can do whatever they want to the rest of it. It has just occurred to me that none of the 4 inch + devices have hardware keyboards :icon_eek: interesting.

Give me any LTE powered phone that has a slide out keyboard and I'm good. I don't even care if they have it stuck with Android 1.6.

Edit: Looks like I'm in luck: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/02/28/are-4g-lte-versions-of-the-htc-merge-and-incredible-2-in-the-works-or-at-least-being-tested/

Sent from my PG06100 using DroidForums App

diverbelow

Reaction score
For me the 4.3 inch screen allows me to type easily, on the Droid2 Global the keyboard was too cramped and difficult to type on. If I could get a 4.3inch with a physical keyboard, maybe but I think it would be too heavy and bulky.

I was using OG Droid and now Droid X, typing on the on-screen keyboard is so much easier. One of my concerns of not having a physical keyboard was for connectBot but not really a concern any longer.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Typed on the 4inch atrix 2day,found it kinda hard to type.The 4inch just made the buttons 2close together.I can type better on my blkberry and faster.But then typed on the 4.3inch inspire-BIG diffrence-letters not close,bigger-so that's y 4.3 is for me.The physical camera button,hadn't even notice until this post,not a deal breaker-even went back and looked at utube veds of bionic,1 of the guys did say he was dissappointed that it didn't have a dedicated camera button-ooooh well!!! Life goes on!!!