No phone sound / startup sound?

Reaction score
To get the original "Droid" sound at startup you need to do the following:
Settings > Sound and display > Notification ringtone and select Droid.
The "Droid" sound will now play when you start the phone however any notifications will now also play that sound unless you set individual notification tones for each app/email account that creates notifications.

Still doesn't work. My droid doesn't sound on initial start up anymore but the keypad tones come back for the phone pad every other day without doing anything.

Sounds like a glitch to me.

nite 0wl

Reaction score
Still doesn't work. My droid doesn't sound on initial start up anymore but the keypad tones come back for the phone pad every other day without doing anything.

The 'startup sound' actually plays after the initial boot screens have displayed and your home or lock screen is displayed.

jltung

Reaction score
muted Ringer

I think everyone has the right idea that it is linked to

one of the apps with a bug. I am sure mine was

Ringer Toggle Widget. What I did to cure the problem was :

1. Backup as much info as I could with AppsManager.

2. Go to SETTINGS, PRIVACY, Factory data reset ( make sure 'Back up my

settings' is checked) and reboot my phone. Follow the instructions

3. Follow instructions to reload phone.

A little scary at first but worth a try or else take it back for technical assistance.

Good luck.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The "Droid" sound will now play when you start the phone however any notifications will now also play that sound unless you set individual notification tones for each app/email account that creates notifications.

are you sure in settings/sound and display/SD card notifications is checked?

The Drrrrroid sound is when the phone detects the SD card...

notifications do have to be set for the sound bite Drrrrrrrrroid as nite owl explained as well.

Reaction score

are you sure in settings/sound and display/SD card notifications is checked?

The Drrrrroid sound is when the phone detects the SD card...

notifications do have to be set for the sound bite Drrrrrrrrroid as nite owl explained as well.

Accept my apologies. I thought the droid sound came on initial start up when the eye came on.. but not when it recognized the sd card. Thanks for clarifying things up. It does work in that respect. As for the keypad sound issues. Its still here. 10 minutes ago it was loud while punching in numbers. A few minutes later it disappeared. A few minutes later calling out.. it was muted.

sadie123

Reaction score
i restored factory settings, reloaded apps, using app killer as recommended by the verizon store and still the same problem