No phone sound / startup sound?

Trever1t

Reaction score
I have 15 or so apps, many the same as listed above. I was wrong in my earlier post, I have the start-up "droid" but no keypad tones.

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Well not sure what to say, re-installed everything I had previously and still have the startup sound and the key tones. Very odd, not sure why I lost it previously.

OP
S

srhee

Reaction score
that is so weird... maybe once you start tinkering within one of the app settings it permanents glitches the droid os?

bspill

Reaction score
I just made a call and the touch tones have returned. Did't remove any aps. Didn't do anything. I guess it's just a Droid thing.

OP
S

srhee

Reaction score
what. the. hell.

magically got the numerical tones back again today. did nothing special in terms of playing around with apps or settings.

might it be the same time/date issue as the camera function where it only functions properly in 24 day blocks? lol and confused

Trever1t

Reaction score
I still don't have any tones when dialing but clearly have tones when in a call (like to enter security codes, etc.)

gehx

Reaction score
hard reset

I had this problem along w/ not being able to get any notifications to play...I'm guessing it's app related. I resolved it by doing a hard reset. I know it's not an option that most people like, but it worked for me. I restored only the apps I really use and haven't had this issue yet. Every time I install a new app I immediately check to see if my notifications sounds will play. I haven't figured out which app was causing this.

Trever1t

Reaction score
well all of a suddun my tones are back, faint sounds but sounds nonoe the less. A few apps had updated and I had to reinstall "shopsavvy"....related?

bspill

Reaction score
Mine have been working for the last few days and, all of a sudden, they're gone again. The only changes were a few apps were updated.

pilot25

Reaction score
I installed quicksettings app that allows you to change the "system volume". I got the key tones back to normal volume but still no droid startup sound.

nite 0wl

Reaction score
To get the original "Droid" sound at startup you need to do the following:
Settings > Sound and display > Notification ringtone and select Droid.
The "Droid" sound will now play when you start the phone however any notifications will now also play that sound unless you set individual notification tones for each app/email account that creates notifications.