1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No OTA update for me yet. Why??

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Canefan, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Canefan

Canefan New Member

I've been a BB user from the start and Pete's ROMs have always blocked the various OTAs that have come from Verizon. In fact, I have never received an OTA notice the whole time I have owned my Droid. I've seen all of the threads about the Froyo OTA and saw that Pete created a script to block the OTA notices and am wondering why I have yet to receive a notice? Is it still being rolled out and I have yet to receive it yet? Do I need to add Petes stopOTA script?
  2. cpuwhiz22

cpuwhiz22 New Member

You do not need to add the script (patch), but it doesn't hurt to do so. If you are using a 2.1 version of BB already then you will not receive the OTA update notification. The issue you are referring to did not affect everyone (yet), and it only applies to BB .4. The issue is based on the build that was used in the BB .4 ROM being slightly different from the build being pushed via OTA updates. Because the builds are technically different, the carrier thinks that the device must be upgraded. This happened to me after I loaded BB .4. As soon as I got the phone up and running after the flash, I was continuously prompted that the was a system update available (2.2), when I was already running 2.2. The patch/script will fake the build fingerprint so that you are no longer prompted for an update.
  3. Canefan

Canefan New Member

I have been on BB 0.4 for weeks now and have yet to receive an update notification. So I assume from your response that I will receive it at some point, it just hasn't gotten to me yet. Is that right? This will affect ALL BB0.4 users at some point?
  4. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

me neither

I havent gotten the OTA update either, but Verizon said it should be done rolling out the 1st phase by tomorrow the 18th. (and FRG22 after that for flash support).
  5. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

I doubt you'll get any notifications when running BB v0.4...

I'm running BB v0.4 and haven't heard or seen a peep... but my daughter just got a replacement Droid (replacement to another crappy model) and upon activating it instantly gave her the notification to update... and we live in the same house... so it appears that BB v0.4 isn't going to get that notification ...at least not in my area...
  6. cpuwhiz22

cpuwhiz22 New Member

The reason that you haven't yet received the notification is that it is being deployed in batches to avoid network congestion. I know many people with the Droid and have a number of them here at work and some got the update as early as last Friday, and others still haven't received a notification like yourself.
  7. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

I'll let you know if it ever even hits my Droid....lmao... network congestion....lol
  8. Droids

Droids New Member

I'm using BB .4 and haven't received the update notice yet either. Not sure if I care either, but was thinking about just letting it update if it does come along. I can run stock for a couple of days just to experience it again, then get my root back. Maybe keep it long enough to get the next update that's supposed to get pushed soon after.
  9. peterpressure

peterpressure New Member

I am running BB.04 and I started receiving the OTA yesterday. My GF is running Stock 2.1 and has not received it yet. Go figure!
  10. 1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak New Member

Running FRG22 and no OTA notification yet either .
  11. harrellj

harrellj New Member

You won't see an OTA since it is to update to FRG01B, and you are on a newer build.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

verizon *#*#check in#*#*