No ota for people with leaked 2.2= B.S from motorola they B pissed Droid X is hacked

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
this is just a last ditch Effort for motorola to get people not to root/Boot A Custom Rom they are just upset that there Unhackable phone got hacked what ever deal with it ......Motorola really why threaten people like this do you want your sales to Drop ??????

As we have learned more & more people are getting into Jailbreaking/Rooting There phones as congress last month voted & with a loud voice said customizing your phone's software is not illegal as once you buy the phone it is your property.......

We all Know that it takes a Dev just a few days to port over the official release of froyo when ever it comes down from Motorola/Verizon please this is a empty threat

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This was my first thought when I read the statement from the Motorola rep

lawrence87

Reaction score
So how can there be a OTA for 2.2 when you already have that installed? if they release the update and its the same number as the leak then your phone wont know there's a difference. when theres an update to 2.2 like the 604 sure it will know there's a difference. I'm sure everyone knew that updated to 2.2 would require you to sbf back to 2.1 and re-update. When the windows 7 beta was released and then the final product came out did you think windows updated to the final product no. same with the office beta when that came out and the final one came out. the beta had to be uninstalled and the new final product had to be installed. That was a beta release a test one that was leaked. So motorola says no OTA well duh its not possible cause your phone thinks it has the correct version already.

Reaction score
its kinda amazing that with how small the rooting community is compared to the normal mundane users how much motorola is going out of their way to make it harder and harder for us when the dev's just get a work around or hack through it a few weeks later.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
So how can there be a OTA for 2.2 when you already have that installed? if they release the update and its the same number as the leak then your phone wont know there's a difference. when theres an update to 2.2 like the 604 sure it will know there's a difference. I'm sure everyone knew that updated to 2.2 would require you to sbf back to 2.1 and re-update. When the windows 7 beta was released and then the final product came out did you think windows updated to the final product no. same with the office beta when that came out and the final one came out. the beta had to be uninstalled and the new final product had to be installed. That was a beta release a test one that was leaked. So motorola says no OTA well duh its not possible cause your phone thinks it has the correct version already.

that's not true. the versions have changes and the phone would know.

on T-Mobile i ran the leaked froyo from day one and i received the official OTA when it came out.

mettech

Reaction score
Motorola could care less what anyone does to the phone.

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
either way...even if we dont get it OTA..it will by on a update.zip or sbf in NO TIME..

ESPECIALLY if it has JIT

Phildo

Reaction score
ever thought that they aren't "cracking down on rooting" but more so just sayin "hey, wanna let you know, i you don't get the OTA, it's cuz you're on the leaked 2.2, and we aren't gonna put in an update path to detect the leaked 2.2 cuz it is just more possible issues to contend with"

i see it as they are helping us out so we don't see 34937492 million issues of "OMG, i didn't get the OTA 2.2...why? i have the leaked 2.2"

GThree

Reaction score
I don't care. I honestly would rather have the legit OTA version than the leaked.
The leaked version is just to keep me entertained until the real version came around. So now I've flashed my phone back to 2.1 :) Here we go OTA! dancedroid

dangerous

Reaction score
I don't care. I honestly would rather have the legit OTA version than the leaked.
The leaked version is just to keep me entertained until the real version came around. So now I've flashed my phone back to 2.1 :) Here we go OTA! dancedroid
Why would you "flash back" prematurely? the OTA isn't out is it?

tomnationwide

Reaction score
Making jailbreaking legal does not mean the vendor is required to provide SUPPORT and Motorola, like Apple, isn't going to support jailbreaking.

This isn't even an issue no matter how "gangsta" you try to make the title of this thread seem :|

illmatic636

Reaction score
Imo

It makes SENSE that Motorola would not really care about those who hack their phones. Simply due to the fact that it leaves people more vulnerable to bricking devices which in turn would force them to buy a new one. Makes good business sense to let it be hacked. We all know that the warranty is done once rooted.