No operating system

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
can you believe it, some pixel phones are being shipped without any operating systems installed.

This Pixel 2 XL arrived with no operating system

The Pixel 2 XL is now reaching the hands of those who pre-ordered the device back in October, but some people are getting devices that have no operating system installed at all. That’s added to a myriad of other issues that have surfaced with the Pixel 2 XL, including reports of screen burn-in and earbud inserts that show Google intended to include earbuds at one point in time.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
They must be running smoothly no? Lol

I hope they get more quality units out to the public bc this phone is awesome IMO.. buttery smooth and exceptional camera...

Sent using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There are very few bugs in these phones from what I read.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
The list of issues continues to grow. I hope they get their act together and the Pixel 3 is nothing less than an awesome device with no major issues.

Tap'd from my 7+

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Having a 2XL myself I think a lot of the stuff is being overblown. Is the blue tint there, yup I'm not going to deny it and definitely a bad move. Is it as annoying as people make it to be, honestly eh, I mean you see it but mainly when you are on pages like the Google Now page with an all white background. Other than that I really do not notice it at all. The muted color thing...I actually love the display on the Pixel 2XL. Maybe throw just a little touch more color, but definitely feeling the color accuracy. And plus there is a way to do that if you so choose. I actually turned on the oreo color app and ended up turning it back off as I liked the color they way it was.

The no OS thing was an isolated incident.

If you have a 6P and you're looking for an upgrade I assure you the 2XL is that device you were looking for. I truly tell people to actually use it in person first as my entire opinion changed as I was on the verge of canceling my order.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good notes @pc747. I figured the no OS news was probably overblown, and my post here was meant as humor only. If I was in the market for a new phone the Pixel 2 XL would definitely be in the top 3 choices.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
overblown or not, some did receive phones with no operating system, just like some received phones with reject tags and some received phones with other issues. no matter what, this was not a good start for the latest models

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
True, not the best start. But most consumers will never know this happened and will still buy the phone if they can afford it. Nerds like us here on tech Forums are usually the only ones talking about stuff like this.

Last edited: