No one hears me when i talk to them!

KLC0987

Reaction score
When someone calls or when i call them i can hear them clear as day but they cannot hear me. Help?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try a reboot, if that doesn't help, try a factory reset. But first Make sure you don't have the phone muted first. If all of these fail.... call for a replacement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Try a reboot, if that doesn't help, try a factory reset. But first Make sure you don't have the phone muted first. If all of these fail.... call for a replacement.

I would do the reboot first, then if that doesn't fix it, I'd boot to Safe mode (power off, then power on and when you see the red circle M Motorola logo, press and hold both volume buttons until the home screen appears) to see if there's a user app interfering. If that doesn't work, then I'd go the factory reset path.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would do the reboot first, then if that doesn't fix it, I'd boot to Safe mode (power off, then power on and when you see the red circle M Motorola logo, press and hold both volume buttons until the home screen appears) to see if there's a user app interfering. If that doesn't work, then I'd go the factory reset path.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

^^^^better advice

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So what happened?

mdtruman

Reaction score
I had this problem twice so far this year and both times this worked - dial *228 and choose 1 to activate your phone.

Krenzy

Reaction score
When I first got my MAXX I had Verizon install invisible shield....same issue you're having where no one could hear me but I could hear them. I found out they forgot to remove the excess piece covering the microphone. Check that?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I had this problem twice so far this year and both times this worked - dial *228 and choose 1 to activate your phone.

This method of activation is no longer valid for the 4G phones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2