No Nougat Update For The OnePlus 2

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oneplus2-main-jpg.77569

As OnePlus prepares to launch their latest flagship phone the OnePlus 5 they have also just confirmed that they will not update the OnePlus 2 to Nougat. This is after promising 24 months of updates for their devices and having asserted last year that they would bring Nougat to the OnePlus 2. On the other hand they have announced Android O will come to the OP3 and OP3T. OnePlus places the blame on the Hydrogen Team for not getting the update together telling us, "when we built the OnePlus 2 we didn't have the software infrastructure team in place we do now.". The lack of a promised update may not sit well with some OP2 owners. Were you expecting this update?

via AndroidAuthority

Attachments

• oneplus2-main.jpg
    oneplus2-main.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 3,097

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
question... If they promised 2 years of os updates and they than dont do so is that not justification for a refund?

depends what they are considering OS updates. you can still get two years of updates and not upgrade to nougat. but to specifically answer your question, I doubt you would be justified a refund no matter what. there is almost always something in the service agreement regarding this.

boidsonly

Reaction score
One Plus is now morphing into HTC. I remember the crap support HTC gave for the Thunderbolt. Now One Plus is going in that direction? We consumers have a long memory...