No Network No Droid?

geodude

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Is it true that the Verizon Droid will totally stop functioning if there is no network?

My wife is in Paris and she can't even use the thing as a simple music player because there is no network.

I know to expect the worst from Verizon, but even a 20 dollar MP3 player is better than this thing if it shuts down every time the signal drops.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

techguru

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Is it true that the Verizon Droid will totally stop functioning if there is no network?

My wife is in Paris and she can't even use the thing as a simple music player because there is no network.

I know to expect the worst from Verizon, but even a 20 dollar MP3 player is better than this thing if it shuts down every time the signal drops.

Thanks

I don't know what she is doing wrong, but basic functions like music playing, and all PDA functions except synchronization to the network (and of course email) work fine without a network of any kind.

Alan

diverbelow

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Thanks

I don't know if her WiFi will not even work, since US and Europe wireless are totally different.

symdev88

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Thanks

well if she is in paris, do as they do and............ RETREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maxnicks

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Thanks

That's not fair. The French don't retreat. They simply hold both hands in the air yelling "I GIVE UP!" Then they help the enemy and pretend they are The Resistance.

My Droid worked fine off network when I was on a cruise. I first made sure that my phone was in Airplane Mode. After that, everything worked fine.

symdev88

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Thanks

That's not fair. The French don't retreat. They simply hold both hands in the air yelling "I GIVE UP!" Then they help the enemy and pretend they are The Resistance.

My Droid worked fine off network when I was on a cruise. I first made sure that my phone was in Airplane Mode. After that, everything worked fine.

sorry, my bad!!!

wolfpack_lamb

Reaction score
I was in Italy last month and had no problems with my Droid working on wifi, as a music player, or any other function that a network connection was not required. Your wife either has a bad phone or is exaggerating how little the phone is working.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dakster

Reaction score
Clearly all of her droid's functionality is stuck behind the Maginot Line. The missing functions simply need to go into Belgium, and then come around the Maginot line, and they'll have full use in France.