No Netowrk connection fixed by reading Driod forums

Camdog916

Reaction score
So I haven't had network on my Bionic all freaking day. So I decided to go into my local Vz store. I really didn't want to cause these guys at this store have no clue about tech support. So after telling them that I have already turned my phone off and on, turned the phone off again and took out the battery they TURN THE PHONE OFF AND TAKE OUT THE BATTERY. What did they think them doing it would magically make my network work? IDIOTS!!! So they tell me the famous OH WE NEED TO RESET YOUR PHONE. Ummmm no. I have over 100 apps on my phone and I don't want to download them again. They tell me to call customer service. So I decided to come home and do a little goggling. I did and it brought me to Droid Forums and I got my solution. Go to settings under battery and data manager. Select data delivery and make sure data enable its checked. Somehow my data was unchecked. I mean why can't these people at the stores fix anything? They have no clue what they are talking about when you have a problem with your phone and barely know anything about selling a phone.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I used to get upset with them until I realized that not eveveryone is into phones and even though it's their job they probably only know the bare essentials. At Verizon there are too many phones for them to be experts on them all. I now just feel lucky when I get someone in the store who knows anything at all about the droid phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

indee2025

Reaction score
So I haven't had network on my Bionic all freaking day. So I decided to go into my local Vz store. I really didn't want to cause these guys at this store have no clue about tech support. So after telling them that I have already turned my phone off and on, turned the phone off again and took out the battery they TURN THE PHONE OFF AND TAKE OUT THE BATTERY. What did they think them doing it would magically make my network work? IDIOTS!!! So they tell me the famous OH WE NEED TO RESET YOUR PHONE. Ummmm no. I have over 100 apps on my phone and I don't want to download them again. They tell me to call customer service. So I decided to come home and do a little goggling. I did and it brought me to Droid Forums and I got my solution. Go to settings under battery and data manager. Select data delivery and make sure data enable its checked. Somehow my data was unchecked. I mean why can't these people at the stores fix anything? They have no clue what they are talking about when you have a problem with your phone and barely know anything about selling a phone.

I'd rather be lucky than good any day but it's true the forums are full of answers-the trick is to always stop by & write in when you make a discovery like this so someone else who had that "oh man my device is screwed and I'm going to be out some $$$" feeling; can find a solution here like you did today, good to hear.

Ansa82

Reaction score

Glad you got it going again...do you know, is Data Roaming suposed to be checked also? I just checked on my phone and Data enabled is checked but data roaming?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OH WE NEED TO RESET YOUR PHONE. Ummmm no. I have over 100 apps on my phone and I don't want to download them again.

Glad you got your phone fixed!!! I did want to point out that Google is at about 100% on reinstalling apps lately, assuming you have Backup and Restore checked in the Privacy setting. After doing a reset and putting in your gmail and password the setup program asks if you want Google to backup and restore your newly reset phone. Make sure both of those questions are checked and Google will reinstall your paid and free apps (well, that's been my experience lately and I've been flashing new/udpdated roms about once per day). Just passing on some info - not saying you should have done the reset.

Good luck.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Glad you got your phone fixed!!! I did want to point out that Google is at about 100% on reinstalling apps lately, assuming you have Backup and Restore checked in the Privacy setting. After doing a reset and putting in your gmail and password the setup program asks if you want Google to backup and restore your newly reset phone. Make sure both of those questions are checked and Google will reinstall your paid and free apps (well, that's been my experience lately and I've been flashing new/udpdated roms about once per day). Just passing on some info - not saying you should have done the reset.

Good luck.

I had to factory reset my Bionic twice, and both times I also had to reload all my paid and free apps, so I can see how the OP was reluctant to do so on his phone. I'm trying to root my unrootable phone now so I can get Titanium Backup and not have to go through that again, because, quite frankly, it was effing painful.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
On a suggestion I installed Apps List Backup, which is supposed to help when you need to reinstall apps.

I know what you mean about a Verizon employee resetting your phone. When I had my OG Droid, all apps with a compass would go off 90 degrees. For example, I had the phone pointing East and it said North. Battery pulls and off and on didn't work. Well, I took it to Verizon. The tech looked at it and said I had 90 apps running at the same time. She must've looked at my App Menu rather than the running apps, but she suggested I reset my Droid. She did so and it was a pain to get them back. Yeah the paid ones are there, but the free ones you have to remember.

BTW, it didn't help me, in terms of the compass. It must've been an app that was causing it.

You gotta watch your Verizon employees. When I had my Voyager, the TV part was coming to my city and would cost $15 extra per month. There was a second data package that added that in for $5 per month less. I asked if when I activated it, would my data plan be automatically changed. They said "Yes" and it didn't. I complained and they deducted the $5 and changed my plan.

Last edited:

WarMachin3

Reaction score
Just asa temporary fix I just toggle the airplane mode with the widget it does the job when the bionic drops for me

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just asa temporary fix I just toggle the airplane mode with the widget it does the job when the bionic drops for me

There is also the Restart Connection app.

indee2025

Reaction score
There is also the Restart Connection app.

I think people should stop pushing this app in the bionic forums as a possible answer, it's got horrible reviews in the marketplace and should not be considered a solution to the connectivity drop.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I think people should stop pushing this app in the bionic forums as a possible answer, it's got horrible reviews in the marketplace and should not be considered a solution to the connectivity drop.

It may have gotten bad reviews in the marketplace, but there were enough folks in this forum who gave it glowing reviews to make me want to try it out, and you know what? It works for me as well. I don't think anyone here is trying to "push" it necessarily, just stating what's worked for them personally. And I'll take the recommendation from a fellow Bionic user over a random guy in the marketplace any day.

dlo-htown

Reaction score

I've been using this app regularly for the past 3 weeks. It's the only thing that works reliably on my Bionic to get my data connection re-established.

So, YMMV, but for my Bionic at least, this app does what it says it does, and keeps me from wanting to chuck my Bionic against a brick wall sometimes.

indee2025

Reaction score
It may have gotten bad reviews in the marketplace, but there were enough folks in this forum who gave it glowing reviews to make me want to try it out, and you know what? It works for me as well. I don't think anyone here is trying to "push" it necessarily, just stating what's worked for them personally. And I'll take the recommendation from a fellow Bionic user over a random guy in the marketplace any day.

Glad it works for ya, but it's not random comments, some are from other bionic owners, I experienced the same on my bionic, definitely a YMMV scenario....but I'm still skeptic & think that app is just a flying spaghetti monster...

Calla969

Reaction score
The issue the OP is talking about is not the data drop that everyone is so familiar with. I've had this happen to me as well. I was flashing a ROM and setting things up. I had a nice solid 3g connection and all of a sudden, it was gone. I tried everything and I could not get data to return. I was losing my mind and getting pissed. I started going through all of my settings and found the exact same thing the OP found. Somehow, by no interaction from me, my data had been disabled. I checked "data enabled" and bam, data was back. Not sure what happened, but while i was doing other things with my phone, data disabled itself. Simple fix, but it drove me nuts for about an hour.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Restart Connection was the first app I downloaded when I got my Bionic. (I had been reading & researching the forums for quite awhile before I was able to upgrade) I have never had to do anything other than press my little Restart Connection app when I've had a connection fail. It has gotten me back up and running immediately. No airplane mode, no power-down/power-ups, no battery pulls, no bald spots from pulling my hair out. I've had great luck with it. But as others have said YMMV...