No Music,No Gallery - It can't find my stuff!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MrsDebbi, Dec 22, 2010.

1. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know what happened to my phone but, here's what's going on that I need help with, and what I have & done to try and fix it myself....

Recently I formated my SD card because I had a lot of stuff on there taking up space that I knew shouldn't be there. I knew (thought I knew) the phone would write the directories it needed back to the SD card - as this is what it did when I upgraded to the 32GB SD card, so I had no worries about the format.

Now when I try to mount my phone to the computer to copy my pictures and music back to my phone after I have completed the transfer the phone won't find them if I I have them in ANY sub-directory. In order for my phone to see/recognize them Each file MUST be in the Root SD directory for them to show up in Gallery or Music.

I have tired...
    ...To open the program first and let it create a file itself before I go and put my own files on with it mounted.

...to take a picture with the phone and then place my photos in the directory that it created with it mounted.

...to move the pictures/music without mounting using file manager app.

...to format the card a second time.

... to copy the files one at a time instead of the whole directory (both mounted and unmounted)

I have a Droid (original) running ChevyNo1 SS4.9

I am out of ideas and miss my music and all my pictures I used for Backgrounds! Any help would be appreciated!

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hmm, that is a strange one. The only thing I can think of is look for any .nomedia files. You'll only be able to see them when your sdcard is mounted for storage to a windows pc. Any directory where that contains a .nomedia file will hide any pics, etc. from the android apps/system. It almost sounds like there's a .nomedia file in the root of your sdcard.

Or you can try copying stuff back a little at a time to see if there's something else you're copying that's messing it up.

good luck

3. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found 4 .nomedia files and deleted them. It helped with my gallery but no luck with music yet.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Have you then trying this?

good luck

5. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I've been trying. Even tried different apps.
    But now this is on hold for a fix as I have ANOTHER issue with my phone that is more pressing!!

Search tags for this page
android cant find music
android gallery can't find
cant find gallery android
cant find pictures or music on android
find my music on android

htc g2 not adding music from sd card

i cant find my music files after copy to android
i cant see gallery on android
my android cannot find my songs
why my htc g2 wont take pictures