no more unlimited data usage

ffej89

Reaction score
Thats funny I'm on the sprint network and i have the htc Evo and i have not had a dropped call in over a year. I drive to and from Vegas to Detroit twice a year and the only time on my trip i dont get a signal is in Utah across the 15 which is the land of lost cell signal's. I'm not saying there better then verizon but for all the places i go their just as good.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If Verizon goes with tiered plans you can bet the rest will also. Go ahead and switch to sprint - they love to screw their customers the most.

Appleanche

Reaction score
I actually probably wouldn't mind this.

First off, I think Verizon would be eager to get people off unlimited, possibly giving me a free upgrade. Secondly I don't use a hell of a lot of 3G data. Even when I was at my peak, I was hitting 2.5gb, and I used it exclusively for the sake of using it, most places I go have wi-fi avaliable... I probably use less then 500mb.

I just hope the minimum plan at $15 (if they match AT&T) goes for 500mb rather then 200mb, and I'd be all for it. Saves me money.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Funny VZ didn't have any problems until AT&T did.
Anyone else smell GREED ?
I can see spin doctors are here spinning a web of deceit .
Tiering or shearing a few sheep , bah-lieve.

Fault

Reaction score
I didn't believe this until I was watching the new droid x comercial today. I heard reports droid x users were using 5x more data, but I didn't believe it. I just couldn't comprehend how .6 inches could make so much of a bandwidth difference. With new apps and such being added, I figured it would level off. But when watching the commercial, I realized something, the blockbuster app. With now video streaming so much, I believe that is the reason

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

iPirate

Reaction score
I heard at a verizon store that verizon is going to remove data all together cause it doesn't seem very popular

Reaction score
thats funny because they have it set up that with 90% of their phones you need it. but we will see what the future does

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
i thought breifly about moving to sprint if verizon went to tiered data. sprint after all was the first to offer unlimited voice plans to gain an edge over the competition. They very well might maintain unlimited data to get an edge.

Then i looked at the cost of doing so. Me and my wife would need to switch to the EVO or the EPIC when its available to basically maintain the quality of our android phones. So thats $400. Then i have to more lines on my account that would need to be changed that would be about $50 each. so thats $500 to switch.

Then i look at my data usage and my wifes data usage. 80% of the time we are on wifi. for 3g I'm hovering at around 700megs for the month. my wife is at 300megs a month. So assuming that they copy AT&T, i'd be within the data plans. As far as future use, again, i'm mostly on wifi, and i see myself always being mostly wifi.

So I really doubt that it will be worth $500 for me to switch.