1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

no more slide to unlock?!?! anyone know how to get rid of this useless function?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by givmedew, Jan 2, 2010.

1. givmedew

givmedew New Member

I used to use a blackberry and quite honestly this slide to unlock is pointless. The chance of someone actually accidently pressing the power button on top of the motorola droid is slim to none. I never had a problem with my storm and that button was easier to hit.

I would like to be able to just hit the power key on top and have the screen come on and the phone be unlocked. I use the g-lock program that causes my phone to go to pattern lock if unused for x period of time I have it set to 15 minutes so I'm even less worried about the phone ever accidentily unlocking itself.

If someone knows of an app or modification for this please let me know. I suppose I should also email the author of g-lock asking about this since they have already modified the way the lock works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Will
  2. frankieg22x

frankieg22x New Member

3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Yes we can bypass the slider! I use MyLock (it's an alpha version) http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/11014-removing-slider-2.html
    The developer just released alpha 2, there is an alpha 1.
    Only the power button unlocks the phone! :icon_ banana:

Also there is "Screen Mode Widget"... which will allow you to bypass the swipe screen. The power button will unlock the phone... however, downside is that the volume rocker and camera button will also unlock the phone.
  4. Redls1bird

Redls1bird New Member

I hit the power button in my pocket all the time. Ive considered going to the pattern because ive even unlocked it completely before. Just because some people find a feature annoying does not make it unnecessary.
Search tags for this page
get rid of slide to unlock

get rid of slide to unlock android

get rid of slide unlock button on motorola ex124g
how do i get rid of the word slide to unlock
how to get rid if android slide
how to get rid of slid to unlock
how to get rid of slide lock on droid x

how to get rid of slide to unlock

how to get rid of slide to unlock bar motorola droid

how to get rid of slide to unlock bar on android

how to get rid of slidetab on s3 phone