No more rubiX?

droydhead

Reaction score
His name is Angdroid for a reason.. I'm assuming the "Ang" stands for angry. lol.

In any case, Im thankful for anyone that produces roms and I'm willing to have to read a few angry posts once in a while. . Drama or no drama the guy still creates a solid rom.

sephtin

Reaction score
His name is Angdroid for a reason.. I'm assuming the "Ang" stands for angry. lol.

In any case, Im thankful for anyone that produces roms and I'm willing to have to read a few angry posts once in a while. . Drama or no drama the guy still creates a solid rom.

Never any doubt or question of his abilities. And I agree, Fission has been pretty solid. Focused being based partially from it, most of thier issues are shared... *shrug*

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Rubix .3 was my first ROM ever and I loved it. I've tried a few different ROMs and they didn't stay on my phone for long (<3 nandroid backups). I will always be a Rubix user and can't wait for the next version. Drod, you are a talented individual and know that your baby, Rubix, won't get neglected.

And do please focus on school. It is important.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I feel Sephtin is fully correct in his view above. One of the biggest reason I never tried Fission is the install instructions were never fully clear, then he did change it to what Sephtin said, and even today on his post he was flaming someone. The only reason at this point i would try Fission is because Drod is there working on it and at that point Fission cant help but improve. I feel fully comfortable staying with Focused as I have been assured that it will continue to be supported by the big cheese himself. This entire thread should probably just be deleted imho.

I don't see why the thread should be deleted. People are just stating their views and opinions. Drod will make his choices, with or without our input. So long as everyone stays respectful, I see no reason to delete the thread.

Having said all of that, my post was not meant to say that I hope drod drops focused for fission. Just the opposite. I hope he continues Focused, and finds that he doesn't have time to be a part of Fission.

I just think its unrealistic to think that he will have time to dedicate to Fission, Focused & Blurry. There are clear (no pun intended) differences between Blurry & the other two, but when time becomes critical (and we know it is for drod these days), I think one or the other will fall by the wayside.

Currently, the differences between Fission and Focused are minimal, as they have been since 1.0. The differences will remain to be seen. Blurry will be updated tomorrow, and Focused MAYBE. Focused may need to wait till Tuesday. 2.2.1, anyone?

mdowns989

Reaction score
Will you be able to update the UPDATES over currently installed Tom's? I am on Focused 1.6 but have a back up of blurry 1.0... do you HAVE to wipe data and start over?

rubiX Focused 1.6 & Modded Black Juice.

droidxchat

Reaction score
Currently, the differences between Fission and Focused are minimal, as they have been since 1.0. The differences will remain to be seen. Blurry will be updated tomorrow, and Focused MAYBE. Focused may need to wait till Tuesday. 2.2.1, anyone?

2.2.1 hits tuesday?

OP
jdhas

jdhas

Reaction score
Just got very excited for Tuesday. Very excited.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

2.2.1 hits tuesday?

No promises, just fingers crossed.

Droid74

Reaction score
I have a brand new SBF droid just waiting for the next version of Focused =)

sephtin

Reaction score
Will you be able to update the UPDATES over currently installed Tom's? I am on Focused 1.6 but have a back up of blurry 1.0... do you HAVE to wipe data and start over?

rubiX Focused 1.6 & Modded Black Juice.

totally depends on how big a change it is going from one version to the updated version... If there are significant framework changes, it's possible that a data/cache wipe will be necessary. When the ROM is posted, look for the install instructions... they should tell you what to do...