chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It's something I tossed out to Ang as an idea when he asked me about including my tweaks into Fission and having me lead the DX front, keeping up with all these roms is tough, especially with finals growing nearer, and a crapload of stress already on my back, but I had a MAJOR breakthrough tonight. rubiX Will not be discontinued, but I will be the head of fission DX. rubiX Focused will be getting updates only when a major breakthrough is achieved, Blurry will be getting regular updates. Fission will be posted in my section since i'm now the head of the DX development section of it. It will receive the majority of my goodies (not all, I have to give you all a reason to flash rubiX ;) )

oo3

Reaction score
thanks for the quick update. it's gonna be tough to decide which rom to flash since you'll be pretty much doing both!

droidxchat

Reaction score
It's something I tossed out to Ang as an idea when he asked me about including my tweaks into Fission and having me lead the DX front, keeping up with all these roms is tough, especially with finals growing nearer, and a crapload of stress already on my back, but I had a MAJOR breakthrough tonight. rubiX Will not be discontinued, but I will be the head of fission DX. rubiX Focused will be getting updates only when a major breakthrough is achieved, Blurry will be getting regular updates. Fission will be posted in my section since i'm now the head of the DX development section of it. It will receive the majority of my goodies (not all, I have to give you all a reason to flash rubiX ;) )

I'm confused -- which one will you yourself be recommending? It seems like in the future you will be working on fission more but keeping some of the good stuff back within rubiX. Won't this force us to choose between greater support and greater feature? I love your stuff enough where I will choose the one with the greatest 'drod footprint' regardless, but i'm confused about which one that will be.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Sounds like I'll be sticking with your Blurry for the time being then... for some reason my DX did not like Fission at all kept rebooting and one version wouldn't even load.

Excited to see what you will bring to Fission... may have to try it out again

But I see where droidxchat is coming from. If we want a ROM that's te most up to date then we should go with Fission but if we want some of the extra features but not updates as much we should choose Focused?

Droid74

Reaction score
i'm way sad to hear this. My day just got off to a bad start =(

p.s. which forum is fission based...sigh

Last edited:
OP
jdhas

jdhas

Reaction score

What was your recent "breakthrough"?

cpjr

Reaction score

So, been running Rubix since it was first released. Maybe a reason to try Fission down the road?

In your opinion...major differences between the two are going to be?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Ive ran fission and focused and tbh, focused is much snappier... My only concern is the framework and services, is it still shared between both?

sephtin

Reaction score
Ive ran fission and focused and tbh, focused is much snappier... My only concern is the framework and services, is it still shared between both?

They're not identical... at least not currently.
If drod gets control of Fission for the X, they may become that way... Depends on what drod does.

My ONLY concern with Fission, is the drama and flakeyness of it's primary developer... Can't go near fission without some kind of drama that leads to more donations it seems. :p

Edit: To back my claim:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...a-2-0-android-frg83-2-2-1-a-2.html#post951455

That thread used to be much longer... I believe a number of posts were removed (??). Ang was actually banned from droidforums for a while due to .. something. I missed it, but don't care.

I'm not into drama. I'm not interested in backing a dev who is more concerned with the number of people donating, than helping to make their stuff run.

Drod does this because he loves it. It's a hobby, not a job. Drod has also never threatened to put his ROM on the Market, and charge 5, or 10$ because he hasn't been getting enough donations.

I'll switch to a Blur ROM before I go to Fission... Just me *shrug*

Last edited:

cpjr

Reaction score
Well, I likey Rubix mucho....Fission would have to be one hella ROM for me to switch anyways.

OP
jdhas

jdhas

Reaction score
My ONLY concern with Fission, is the drama and flakeyness of it's primary developer... Can't go near fission without some kind of drama that leads to more donations it seems. :p

Seriously. Not to start a flame war of character assassination, but the general tone in the Fission thread is really hostile and immature. It's been enough to keep me away.

wmedina1991

Reaction score

If drod gets control of Fission for the X, they may become that way... Depends on what drod does.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...a-2-0-android-frg83-2-2-1-a-2.html#post951455

That thread used to be much longer... I believe a number of posts were removed (??). Ang was actually banned from droidforums for a while due to .. something. I missed it, but don't care.

I'm not into drama. I'm not interested in backing a dev who is more concerned with the number of people donating, than helping to make their stuff run.

Drod does this because he loves it. It's a hobby, not a job. Drod has also never threatened to put his ROM on the Market, and charge 5, or 10$ because he hasn't been getting enough donations.

I agree with seph. I hope Rubix stays free from Fission. Used Fission but didnt care for dev and donation pining.

Drod please keep Rubix as the awesome rom it is and clear from fission.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

I agree with seph. I hope Rubix stays free from Fission. Used Fission but didnt care for dev and donation pining.

Drod please keep Rubix as the awesome rom it is and clear from fission.

Honestly I have to agree, Unless of course you slipstream the 2 roms into one... Meaning one is pure vanilla (fission) and one is optimized and tweaked (focused) but they should share the same structrue/framework. Just gives users the ability to have a true Vanilla experience or an optimized, bad ass, snappy rom. That or you could simply bury the bad karma and rep of fission and migrate it over to Focused/Create a new name for the rom... You're the dev, I just make it pretty lol.

Just my .02

dancedroid