No More 2.0.1 roms ...... Whats going on

NYZ93

Reaction score
well ive recently noticed that no one is making roms for 2.0.1 only 2.1 so whats up with that has it come to a point where im the only one rooted with a rom running 2.0.1

kaboyd

Reaction score
I'm still running a 2.0.1 rom. I had such a bad experience with the 2.1 ROMs that I can't bring myself to try them again. I'd rather run a 2.0.1 than have to deal with all the random reboots and FCs

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The main jump to 2.1 is due to the beta leaks of it. These were what we should have gotten a long time ago. These are much better then previous verisons. Also you may want to take a look at the CyanogenMod rom out there. Just offering up all the options.

pyro6128

Reaction score
yea i tried the 2.1 roms and had a **** ton of fc's and other issues i'd rather not deal with. I'm just going to stick with 2.0.1 until the official 2.1 comes out and roms start popping up for that

jcardona1

Reaction score
i was like you and stick with bb 7.5 for a long time up until a few days ago. finally made the switch to the bb 2.1 / 0.7 ROM and one of chevy OC kernels with some misc themes. the phone has been running great, and battery life seems a lot better with this rom/kernel. and it doesnt get as nearly as hot as it did before.

i dont think youll regret making the jump :)

shmoo

Reaction score
I'm jumpin back and forth between DroidMod and Simply Stunning trying to make up my mind on what I want to do. So far SS has been running pretty well, I just like how rock solid my DM is tho. So I m going to give it another day or so and then we shall see.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
99% of the 2.1 problems out there were experienced by the 3D Launcher.

So it only makes sense that if you aren't using that, then 99% of the problems with 2.1 go away. :)

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If u use the new 2.1 like simply stunning and peter new one with the ese35 build it IS the 2.1 that was made for Droid. Simply stunning I feel is best out if u like smoke glass. Peter are great but I like blue more. AdamZ is almost done with his. You just can't use launcher2 right now. Launcher2 and the 3-D app tray were the reasons for the reboot and FC's. The new ROMs don't use this. Therefore those issues don't exist. To each his own but u should definitely not be wary of the new 2.1 ROMs.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
still rocking the droidmod (2.01 based rom).

Reaction score
I've been using Simply Stunning, Bugless, Ultimate, and original stock for testing over the last week. I ca certainly notice the change in speed in all of these from stock.The recent updates of Ultimate Droid 7 and BB v8 have been "bugless." I'm going back and forth between them trying to come to a clear decision.On a different note, I highly suggest switching to a ESE53 ROM: Ultimate or BB

BlueSami

Reaction score

So it only makes sense that if you aren't using that, then 99% of the problems with 2.1 go away. :)

I must be in that 1% then. Cuz all the 2.1 find I loaded dc or bootloop. And I do EVERYTHING right.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bro, seriously, these new ere25 and ese53 2.1 ROMs are absolutely the SHIZ......no lie!

I promise you will fall in love if you try it man....

jcardona1

Reaction score

I must be in that 1% then. Cuz all the 2.1 find I loaded dc or bootloop. And I do EVERYTHING right.
i read bootloop issues are caused by the OC kernels. it happened to me with chevy's 1.2g 5 slot kernel. removed that and used the 1g kernel instead. worked like a charm. just gotta try them out until you find one that works for your individual phone :)