no modile 3g with new bb v 0.4

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by lukasz, Jul 1, 2010.

1. lukasz

lukasz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just downloaded the new BB v 0.4 and my internet doesn't show up. I restarted my droid and it comes on for a second and then disappears. Also my Rom Manger wont re-download. Does anyone have the same problem or a solution to this?

2. jacobmervine

jacobmervine New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem, if I wait about an hour it gives me it back. It seems to of only happening on .4, I use wireless at my house since I do not get the best service. When I use wireless though it does cutout like the old first froyo builds did but, not every time also.

3. schollianmj

schollianmj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    been rocking .4 bb since release. no issues. 3G and wifi work just fine for me.

4. projectrang

projectrang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My 3g sucked at first, but I did have it. I *228 and updated roaming and that seemed to help. I would also recommend that you check to make sure you have the most up to date baseband.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. lukasz

lukasz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I reinstalled it and now it's fine, I am just not going to turn on Wi-Fi just in case it can mess up the 3g. How do I know what base band i have and how do I get a newer version?

6. projectrang

projectrang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check out settings, about phone. Your baseband is listed there. Look in the bugless section of rom manager, and the latest baseband is listed there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had the same issue - but found it was caused by the SwitchPro Widget. One of the options on this widget is to turn off Data Connection - but there is no other indication anywhere else on the phone (that I can find) that SwitchPro has done this - as if you go to the Data Settings all look fine. Unfortunately the connection remains off even if you delete the widget.

I eventually put the widget back on my screen, turned the DataConnection "switch" back on and problem solved.