No model markings

HowardZ

Reaction score
I find it rather strange that smart cell phone companies do not mark the model name on the phone.

With cars it is very common to be able to glance at a car and know the manufacturer and model name, and often even the engine size and if it is turbo charged.

With the HTC Rezound, all one sees is "verizon" on top and "HTC" on the bottom.

With my older Droid-X it is "MOTOROLA" on top and "verizon" n the bottom.

Also it is "verizon" in all lower case letters.

I am not saying this is a bad thing, nor a wrong thing.

Actually, it might be a good thing as no one will look at your phone and make a comment like "you are using that old model?"

Just noticing it and thinking it is rather strange - compared to cars.

Howard

dzone67

Reaction score
Good point. Never really put much thought into it.

Sent from a Rezound!

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I think they keep it generic so the phones can be sold with different names in other countries. But yeah, I have thought about it especially when I got my DX....though that phone was pretty easy to identify. The Rezound could be anything...until the beautiful screen comes to life of course!:)

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
It has red touch keys.. that is used to spot the phone easily lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

B

bens42608

Ur right. Phones are so plain. Black with big glass screen. They barely come in different colors, styles, racing stripes... my old Nextel i95cl had these sweet vents on the front like an air intake with a shiny blue stripe down the middle... and I had it customized with blinking leds that lit up during phone calls.... I wish my bionic looked like a freaking bright green spaceship with alienware Louvres at the bottom n leds on the back that blink n glow in the dark. Why is this not a huge market

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

B

bens42608

How are we so alone on this topic?

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
How are we so alone on this topic?

Because if people want to customize they can buy a freaking bright green case. :p

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority but I could care less if the phone was rainbow colored and had leprechauns jumping out of it when the phone rang. I'm more concerned with what's inside. But I think that's what's driven the case/bumper market. People wanting to distinguish their phones from the rest. I do that by doing custom desktops/mods, installing the apps I want, etc.. basically making the phone mine.

B

bens42608

I dontnlike cases. That would make their phones fat and wouldn't include led,s n the other things I descrixbed. I'm just sayin- why don't manufacturers put a lil more creativityinto these things insteadof a black/grey slab with class n 3 or 4 logos

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm probably in the minority but I could care less if the phone was rainbow colored and had leprechauns jumping out of it when the phone rang. I'm more concerned with what's inside. But I think that's what's driven the case/bumper market. People wanting to distinguish their phones from the rest. I do that by doing custom desktops/mods, installing the apps I want, etc.. basically making the phone mine.

Yep, I just showed my phone to my wife's best friend tonight. She has a Rezound too and she couldn't believe how much I customized my phone without rooting. And I only used Go Launcher, Contacts, & Locker. Her's is pretty much stock with custom wallpaper. I showed her the screen shot feature too. She was amazed.