No Mobile Network Connection After Factory Reset

Jimbo133488

Reaction score
A few days ago I dropped my Droid Incredible and the whole screen cracked. As a result I had an issue where if the phone dialed out a number, the screen went black and I wouldn't be able to end the call or get to the dial pad etc. I've only had the phone 6 months so it is still under warranty but since the screen is cracked I can't get a new one for free. I figured I'd try to fix it with Verizon's customer service over the phone. They told me to do a factory reset and after doing so, the mobile network will not connect. The mobile network option in settings is checked but it's grayed out and says "connecting" but never does. I can connect through WiFi but I want to be able to get on the mobile network. The phone has been updated and I tried the option where you dial ## and then a number (I forget what it is) then type the password which is 000000 and change the NAM settings or something like that. No one over the phone can seem to help me. Any suggestions?? The factory reset clearly removed some program or setting that prevents me from getting on the network because I've never had this problem before. And I should probably mention that after the factory rset I had to activate the phone manually because of the original problem: my screen going black after I make a call. Help please!!

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
#228 or #288 on the dial pad, hit send. Wait until you get the options and hit 1 on the dial pad.

OP
J

Jimbo133488

Reaction score
I tried both of those numbers but it said that the call could not be completed. Never got to an option where I could hit 1 on the dial pad.

OP
J

Jimbo133488

Reaction score
EDIT: I tried *288 and since I couldn't get to the dial pad once my call had been made (my original problem) I just let the call keep going. It eventually said that the phone had been programed successfully and restarted. Now I am on the mobile network!! Thank you sooo much!!

spider210

Reaction score
Sounds like light sensor got broke

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
EDIT: I tried *288 and since I couldn't get to the dial pad once my call had been made (my original problem) I just let the call keep going. It eventually said that the phone had been programed successfully and restarted. Now I am on the mobile network!! Thank you sooo much!!

You were right sorry. I dunno why I said # rather then *, but glad you got it, However like the above poster said, assuming the screen issue continues, it sounds like a bad light sensor. You can try to get around it by using the power key to turn your screen on when you need the dial pad.

OP
J

Jimbo133488

Reaction score
Well I've tried to hit the power button when the screen goes black but that doesn't help either. The only way to get the screen to come back is to take the battery out of the phone. It happens during most calls, but for some reason the number I had to call in order to update the phone didn't make the screen go black. Still sound like a light sensor issue?

Hansoff

Reaction score
Tried *288 in keypad after factory reset - battery fell out and when replaced - all working. Many thanks.