No message access profile (MAP) on the Razr...

mtuozzo

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2013 Nissan Altima with Bluetooth capabilities. My wife and I both have the same type phone, Motorola Razr. We both pair our phones and can make and receive calls through the Bluetooth, but she can receive text messages and has text messaging options in the car's Bluetooth setup, but I do not. Hers works flawlessly but mine does not get text messages at all and I have no texting settings in the setup like she does.

Any ideas? I asked Nissan and Verizon, neither had any idea how to fix it.

Did you ever resolve this? I also just bought a 2013 Altima. The text messaging feature works flawlessly with my wife's Bionic (work phone, Android 2.3.4). My wife's D3 (personal, Android 2.3.4) and my RAZR Maxx (personal, ICS) don't show text messaging options in the audio Bluetooth menu but MAP access is requested (and granted) for all 3 phones.

liquidd

Reaction score
Did you ever resolve this? I also just bought a 2013 Altima. The text messaging feature works flawlessly with my wife's Bionic (work phone, Android 2.3.4). My wife's D3 (personal, Android 2.3.4) and my RAZR Maxx (personal, ICS) don't show text messaging options in the audio Bluetooth menu but MAP access is requested (and granted) for all 3 phones.

I currently have a RAZR, and my Dodge Charger is running the Uconnect software. The car supports the reading of texts, and emails, etc... It will NOT read any texts, nor will it even show a message indicator for the phone. I feel it must also be part of the phone, not the cars.

Does anyone know of a list of phones that support MAP? I would like to try other phones that might support it.

Liquidd