No message access profile (MAP) on the Razr...

Leasa

Reaction score
Is there a Rom or app out there for the Razr that adds MAP to bluetooth? I dont want to upgrade to the Maxx to get it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Besides battery life, the maxx and the razr are the same device.... so I don't understand your question??? :cool:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

vypor

Reaction score
Motorola has always had MAP support on all of their phones. It's why I buy them.

OP
L

Leasa

Reaction score
The Razr has generic access profile, the Maxx has message access profile. My Ford Sync wont read/send my text messages on my Razr because it does not have MAP like the Maxx. So there is another difference between the Razr and the Razr Maxx. So, can anyone help me with this?

OP
L

Leasa

Reaction score
OK, I swear that yesterday I looked at both phones on Verizon and compared them. The Razr did NOT list MAP under bluetooth but the Maxx did. I went back this evening and checked again because you said they were the same and now the Razr lists MAP under bluetooth. I promise it wasnt there last night! Is this possibly an upgrade that comes with ICS and they already updated the stats for the Razr? I just bought a 2012 Fusion with Sync and it will download my texts and read them if I tell it to but will not do it automatically. I turned on MAP and message notifications on the sync part and when I paired the phone, I got the MAP permissions along with the PBAP. My contacts downloaded fine but when I get a text, my sync does nothing. I have reset the Sync to factory and reset my Razr to factory. Any suggestions?

vypor

Reaction score
Certain versions of sync doesn't play nicely with map. I promise you the hardware and firmware is exactly the same on the phones. The only and I mean ONLY difference is the battery. Try checking syncmyride.com for updates to your sync firmware. My 2008 ford focus plays nicely with my Maxx. Also played nicely with my droid 2 global and RAZR flip phone. Only complaint is that yes it does read my text messages but it doesn't clear the text notification on android. My RAZR flip phone cleared the text notifications.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
My MyFordTouch doesn't seem to work with MAP. I don't even get text notifications on my Maxx when I grant access. They go straight to the inbox with no notification at all. Though I posted a question about it and others seem to not have an issue with MAP and MFT. I have a 2012 and already checked for the latest firmware.

vypor

Reaction score
I just read some other forums where they said they had issues with both the RAZR and the RAZR Maxx with their Lexus but as soon as they got ice cream sandwich things worked flawlessly. I think this goes back to certain compatibilities between the map protocol in phones and cars. When I had my d2g rom'd with cyanogenmod the devs added map and it worked with people with the second generation of sync but not people like me with the first generation of sync. Don't fret too much as it sounds like your phone should hopefully work with the upgrade. Different phones, different roms and different cars all with different compatibilities of map make for a very frustrated process of linking.

OP
L

Leasa

Reaction score
Well I went to ICS and it still doesnt work, very sad :(

OP
L

Leasa

Reaction score
Sometimes I am so smart that it scares me. I knew that my husbands F150 needed its sync updated, so I updated his using the download from syncmyride and my text messages work in his truck. So I popped the USB with the update into my car, downloaded it and let it reset. Now my text messages work to receive, read and send. I basically downgraded my sync from version 4.0 to 3.something. But whatever, it all works now. :)

vypor

Reaction score
Great work! I'll have to remember these issues next time I get a new car or phone

Lynntk

Reaction score
Confused about message access profile(MAP) on the Razr

When you go to the Verizon web site the Droid Razr information says it supports MAP, however if you dig deeper into the site and find the FAQ for Bluetooth set up, in the list of supported formats MAP is not listed. Does the Droid Razr actually support MAP or not? If it does how do I set it up? I just purchased a 2012 Subaru Forester and it has the built in text message option, but I can't seem to get it to work. I have searched the settings on my phone and can't find anything for MAP settings. Being able to send and receive text messages, hands free, while I'm driving seems like a great feature, and I am hoping I will be able to use it.

kwyjibo3

Reaction score
I don't have a Razr but I'm pretty sure this is a MAP issue not just Razr. After exhausting all options we could find, including factory resets on the sync, I just disconnected our 2011 ford edges battery for about two hours, now our previously un-texting Bionics (one rooted and ROMed, one not) are texting through the car no problem. I suspected that draining all juice out of the cars system might force some sort of fresh start.

Maelgwn

Reaction score
Text Message not working in 2013 Nissan Altima

I recently bought a 2013 Nissan Altima with Bluetooth capabilities. My wife and I both have the same type phone, Motorola Razr. We both pair our phones and can make and receive calls through the Bluetooth, but she can receive text messages and has text messaging options in the car's Bluetooth setup, but I do not. Hers works flawlessly but mine does not get text messages at all and I have no texting settings in the setup like she does.

Any ideas? I asked Nissan and Verizon, neither had any idea how to fix it.

wnrussell

Reaction score
I rolled back my ICS from the OTA 215 official update to 6.16.211.XT912 and it works fine again.