No matter how powerful Android Phones get, the Hardware means nothing !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
One fact i haven't seen mentioned here is that over 70% of the apps in the iPhone app store are paid apps. Over 70% of the apps in the Market are free. These stats are about 4 month old but if you compare apps i think pricing should be compared as well.
How much will it a cost a user to get the same apps on both platforms.. ?

N

Nickchapa

I joined at&t for the $50 iphone 3gs and took a dump on it and sent it in the mail to africa. They sent the iphone back with a note that said thanks for the food but you can have this crap back. Hahahaha

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

N

Nickchapa

Great view chizzle. I never thought about that.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Macbook wheel...rofl! That was hilarious! Thanks for that link. I'm going to tweet it to every Apple geek I know!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

N

Nickchapa

Wow macbook wheel... Is that a real legit product they are coming out with or did someone just make the funniest most detailed joke about apple ever?

N

Nickchapa

Oh... Just watched the video (was at work) haha thats rwduculous. I love that video.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
It always amazes me when iphone users pump up their phones and trash everything android and then call us the fanbois. Instead of coming on here whining about how great the iphone is and complaining about the android platform, why don't you just switch to one and join another forum? This is an android forum so are you shocked that the members actually prefer it?? Smart phones are there to make life a little easier and are very convenient but nothing I would ever get worked up about in the grand scheme of things. Get the phone that works best for you and stop crying about trivial garbage.

Wow I can't believe I just got called a iphone fanboy!!!! My ears are melting!!!
Did you even check my post history before making such a claim? I like my phone. But software still isn't up to par imo.

debdroid1a

Reaction score

Wow macbook wheel... Is that a real legit product they are coming out with or did someone just make the funniest most detailed joke about apple ever?

Joke.

Someone posted it on another site and I thought it was real:blush:
It seems real and it was before the new iPod...

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
android may not be as snappy as iOS at times, but the fact is that android is made for every phone
and apple make's each version of ios for each of its phones. apple has made 31 updates from 1.0.0 - 4.2.6. android hasn't had nearly as many updates.

either way both are great os's & one major advantage to ios is the fact that dpkg was ported to it.
i guess you could say this is like comparing apples to oranges (or android for the sake of my post)

baker355

Reaction score
One game in the iPhone store that you can't get in the android market is called stair dismount. This game is really fun and I hope it gets a droid version soon.

Cybervlad81

Reaction score
I work for a company QA'ing software on mobile devies, so I actually have 8 blackberry's, 6 WM phones, 2 Iphones, and an iPad and recently picked up couple of android phones.. I was surprised reading this as recently I was going through the market and I found all the apps I used on the iphone... also to my surprise some of the apps actually had more functionality on the android than their iPhone counter parts...

I will say that I do not tend to try editing images or video on a phone... I find it much easier to send pics or video from my phone to my computer and do any editing on my laptop. So have not really looked at that sort of app... I don't really use many of the toy type apps like making faces or flipping open a fake lighter... I do play a few games and did find some of the games, I had demo copies of on ios, full version on android for free(with ads). I am a free addict, I don't tend to buy apps and this may be where there is a difference in my use as well... So all that to say in the free app (excluding toy apps) market I found android to be very competitive and personally, for my preferences, give them the win.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
My dad can beat up your dad and so on and so forth. Nothing good comes from these threads. Someone comes in with their own opinion, which last I checked we are all entitled to, clearly he is an android user who happens to have a gripe about the app store and market, so instead of offering suggestions or civil backtalk he gets labeled as the apple fanboy. It's become so typical of this forum it honestly just gets on my last nerve. Not all of you did this, just want to point that out, some of you offered some great counterpoints to the OP's post. Anytime I see people bash apple and there users I feel it is a personal attack on me. I own a Mac and I LOVE it, let me say it again, I LOVE it. Clearly I must be an apple fanboy who owns an iPhone and is secretly waiting for the right moment to overtake this forum with my pro apple opinions! You will all rue the day you crossed me.......or not but I still stand by my points.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
I work for a company QA'ing software on mobile devies, so I actually have 8 blackberry's, 6 WM phones, 2 Iphones, and an iPad and recently picked up couple of android phones.. I was surprised reading this as recently I was going through the market and I found all the apps I used on the iphone... also to my surprise some of the apps actually had more functionality on the android than their iPhone counter parts...

I will say that I do not tend to try editing images or video on a phone... I find it much easier to send pics or video from my phone to my computer and do any editing on my laptop. So have not really looked at that sort of app... I don't really use many of the toy type apps like making faces or flipping open a fake lighter... I do play a few games and did find some of the games, I had demo copies of on ios, full version on android for free(with ads). I am a free addict, I don't tend to buy apps and this may be where there is a difference in my use as well... So all that to say in the free app (excluding toy apps) market I found android to be very competitive and personally, for my preferences, give them the win.
Gameloft which makes most of the hardcore games in the Android, has sequels already on ips. We on the otherhand have to wait, who knows how long, for the games to get ported over. So I don't know wth you talking. We don't even have N.O.V.A2 yet!! Like I said before. Hardware can keep going up, but it wont mean squat until we have the software to put it to use. Until then, iphone 4 will continue to run circles around Android phones, even the new dual core androids.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
How exactly would one go about developing apps for hardware that doesn't exist? For the most part, the hardware has to come first and, once available, it won't take long for the software to take advantage.

Gingerbread is going to solve a lot of these issues as it gives developers the ability to run native C++ code directly and supposedly makes porting much easier.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
My dad can beat up your dad and so on and so forth. Nothing good comes from these threads. Someone comes in with their own opinion, which last I checked we are all entitled to, clearly he is an android user who happens to have a gripe about the app store and market, so instead of offering suggestions or civil backtalk he gets labeled as the apple fanboy. It's become so typical of this forum it honestly just gets on my last nerve. Not all of you did this, just want to point that out, some of you offered some great counterpoints to the OP's post. Anytime I see people bash apple and there users I feel it is a personal attack on me. I own a Mac and I LOVE it, let me say it again, I LOVE it. Clearly I must be an apple fanboy who owns an iPhone and is secretly waiting for the right moment to overtake this forum with my pro apple opinions! You will all rue the day you crossed me.......or not but I still stand by my points.

Clearly you're a communist, a cult member, a fanboy, a sheep and simply do not have the capability to make your own decisions. You should be ashamed of yourself...haha...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.