No matter how powerful Android Phones get, the Hardware means nothing !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It always amazes me when iphone users pump up their phones and trash everything android and then call us the fanbois. Instead of coming on here whining about how great the iphone is and complaining about the android platform, why don't you just switch to one and join another forum? This is an android forum so are you shocked that the members actually prefer it?? Smart phones are there to make life a little easier and are very convenient but nothing I would ever get worked up about in the grand scheme of things. Get the phone that works best for you and stop crying about trivial garbage.

A. He's not an iPhone fan boy. B. He's a supporting member on the Droid Forum.

N

Nickchapa

I think it would be funny to kick everyone out of this forum that owns an iphone and then give them a virus on their computer....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

warrior21

Reaction score
It always amazes me when iphone users pump up their phones and trash everything android and then call us the fanbois. Instead of coming on here whining about how great the iphone is and complaining about the android platform, why don't you just switch to one and join another forum? This is an android forum so are you shocked that the members actually prefer it?? Smart phones are there to make life a little easier and are very convenient but nothing I would ever get worked up about in the grand scheme of things. Get the phone that works best for you and stop crying about trivial garbage.

Who are YOU talking about???

N

Nickchapa

Hey hookbill remember that post about the guy wondering about android 2.3 for the x? You can copy paste your rey here also cuz there are a million posts like this too. Just a lil fyi in case you didnt think of it...

sir2545

Reaction score
The moderators should automatically delete all posts like this. If you like iPhones fine, but don't come to our forum and try to tell us how good it is and that Android is inferior.

.........That is all.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Who are YOU talking about???
The OP…..who were you talking about?

warrior21

Reaction score
The OP as well as any other member in this thread pumping up the iphone and tearing down the android platform. My opinion is my opinion and he is no more of a member than I am.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The OP as well as any other member in this thread pumping up the iphone and tearing down the android platform. My opinion is my opinion and he is no more of a member than I am.

Well, my point isn't that he's more of a member then you are. I'm simply saying that an iPhone fan boy probably wouldn't be a contributing member to an Android Forum.

Besides, he's talking about the app store vs the market and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't agree that the app store is better then the market.

chris420o

Reaction score
i am a huge droid/android supporter and have nothing but complete hatred for anything apple...steve jobs is a communist and when u buy that phones its his phone not yours...biggest difference between droids n iphones...my droid represents me my personality my colors my look what i want...eveyones iphone looks the same there is not custimization or individuality...

YET...i agree with the op sadly...my friend just got an iphone n was showing me some apps he got from a simple stupid dj app were it looked like 2 record boards you can put to songs mix em with a sec song scratch the disc and it looked fluid n smooth with great animation...i looked for something similar to this on android and nothing even close...i mean its almost sad how android developers have such a powerful platform n we have nothing much to show for it except google products(which are a+)...the biggest problem is developers develop apps to the similest details that way it works on allll adroid phones...people still have low end androids that cant use high end graphics and what not...its what ruins android from progressing no matter how far these 2 processor phones go someone will still have an eris and not buy an app bc he cant run it...and devlopers know this and will lose out on money...its a gift n a curse in a way...sorry for rant/spelling at work lol

turdbogls

Reaction score
ahhh yes...the apple vs android thread.

lets be honest guys, its a phone, not life or death. if you thin iOS is better than android, go buy an i phone. and vice versa.

personally, i love android simple because it is open and i dont have to use iTunes. if there is an app in the app store, there is most likely a very comparable app in the market.

both are great phones with there advantages and disadvantages. both do MUCH more than we actually need them to do to "survive" I prefer android simply bacause of the openess, and the ability to choose carrier and hardware that suite me. i hate the look of the iphone4, but love the look of many higher end android phone.

sal33n

Reaction score
My opinions on this subject:

1 Look at how much android has taken off. I would say Android devices are making a pretty good dent in the iPhone market

2 Your example of video editing is pretty small niche to compare

3 If the phone does what you want it to do than the available apps are sufficing

4 I want to make calls, listen to music both online and off, have gps capabilities, play simple games to pass the bathroom time, tether my laptop and read news and ebooks. I can do all that and much more with my droid and not have to use that POS itunes crap. I am prolly like 90 percent of the users out there. Just because the market is not as far along as Apple's store does not mean that it's bad.

Apple computers have always been behind the curve when it comes to the amount of software available for them versus how much is available for a pc but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't buy an Apple computer... Same logic.

wil318466

Reaction score
Maybe instead of ranting, you should make actual comparisons.

I've never used an iPhone, so I certainly don't know what they do better than my phone ( I don't really care, but you have to make a comparison, so people who don't have either device can have some pertinent information).

I have a Droid X. And all I do is back and forth with my Supervisor trying to defend Android when it comes to Android vs Iphone arguments that seem to come forth everyday.

I surf this site, in hope that it would someday truly open up to being equal to Iphone.

When I get into disputes, the main thing I have to my defense, is "THE HARDWARE ON MY PHONE IS EQUAL TO YOUR PHONE BESIDES THE FRONT CAM, SO HOW CAN IPHONE BE SUPER GREATLY BETTER THAN ANDROID?"

but each time, he brings to his defense the awesome Apps that Iphone has at doing just about anything.

I search for Android apps to also stand my ground, but hey, nothing. Having to search both Browser and Market for a Android App to compete seems dull IMO.

My Supervisor showed me a App that took a picture of a face that he drew on the board, and made the face move and talk, even repeating things he would say. That was amazing. I couldnt find anything on the Android Market even close.

He even had a video editor app that had real time editing effects. The closes app I could find was Video illusion Pro, and that didnt even come close!

He works in Media Arts, and he films just about everything with his Iphone4. Even makes Music Videos with the thing.

He showed me a app that allowed him to edit video without the need to wait for it to finish loading (not sure the correct Term for this in Media Arts field) But he could trim parts of the video, and even move different parts around and play the video back instantly after editing it. He even could change the color of things in the video.
He made the sky seem gray then changed to to a blue sky. He even was able to change the color of objects in the video, like a Sports car and a building in the background.

I was amazed. But as usual, I couldnt compete because I lacked the Software to match that power.

Thats what first had to thinking about this issue between Android-vs-IOS.

I was saying to myself, hey well there are some new even more powerful Android phones on the way (hardware wise) than the Iphone4. (Hint hint, the Thunderbolt, Bionic, etc).

On the way to and from a event, my supervisor would go on and on about what (he say) makes the Iphone and Apple in general, so powerful.
He went on and on about the Hardware, which I argued against, saying its made from the same factories that other computers are made from.
But than he said something about the OS of Apple products that compute better and faster than other OS. (He doesnt know much about Software programming and Foundations, I know that, but he brought something up that grabbed my attention)

but then a thought came to me. Hit me square in the head.
These new phones are more powerful (hardware wise), but really, what makes that hardware special when its using the same dull app market the older models are using?

as my supervisor (unintentionally) brought up, the Software is basically the ONLY THING THAT MAKES IPHONE AND IOS IN GENERAL BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE OUT THERE. If the SAME SOFTWARE THAT IPHONE HAS WAS ALSO ON THE ANDROID MARKET, THERE WOULDNT EVER BE A REASON TO GET IPHONE. This goes back to the aged old argument on why Hardcore Windows Computers are better than Hardcore Apple computers. (by hard core, I mean expensive decked out computers hardware wise)

But without that Software, the newer and newer models of android phones simply cant compete with the things IOS can do.

Even with Dual Core processors, Iphone4 still runs circles around Android phones in terms of the things it can do.

The Hardware keeps going up, but the Software on Android seem like its in a standstill to me in terms of bridging the gap between Android and IOS software market.

My supervisor, even tho he doesnt know a thing about Programming and Software Development IMO, brings up a very interesting point on something else. He ask me in a dispute, "If Android OS is more powerful than IOS, than why aren't the developers of Iphone Apps, making these same apps for Android?"
I replied, that its because it takes a lot of funding to convert the codes to another OS.

but that also got me thinking about something.
Many of the Software developers arent even making anything for Android market. I googled searched the developers of each of those cool apps he showed off, just to see if anything would come up regarding the Android. But nothing, nothing,,,,,, these isnt any plans from these developers to move on over.

I made a Thread a while ago here dealing with this topic on why Developers wont come over to Android from Iphone. To me it seems like they would be able to make more money, but there was more to it than just that.

To sum this up
I just dont see much coming to Android in terms of true power, unless Google buckles down and realize that the Software is the only thing holding it back from IOS. If I were them, I would stop focusing on investing in updating the OS, and start going 100% invested in Software Development.

I will say it again;

THE IPHONE'S SOFTWARE IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS IT ON TOP IN THE SMARTPHONE MARKET. COPY ALL THE APPS THAT IOS HAS TO ANDROID, AND VISE-VERSE TO IOS, AND YOU WOULD SEE,,, THERE IS NO REASON TO GET A IPHONE. BUT UNTIL GOOGLE REALIZE THIS, THE GAP WILL CONTINUE TO INCREASE

This would be interesting if it was correct.

It's not Google's job to create apps. It's google's job to create the conditions for people to create apps for Android.

Raiden619

Reaction score
I owned an iphone for about a year and a half and decided to switch to the droid because I had gotten tired of the iphone and wanted something new.

Here are some things that IOS cannot do that android can

Widgets, Live Wallpaper

Apps:

Tasker, Where's my droid*, Remote Web Desktop, Flash**, Google Voice***(There are more I just can't think of them from the top of my head)

*Sure theres MobileMe but its restricted to the computer.

**Iphone fanboys will jump up and say flash sucks, and bad "blah blah" (Even though I've never experienced anything wrong with it), there are still plenty of websites that use flash.

***Sure the iphone has it, but its not rich as the one for the android

From what I know the reason why IOS developers aren't on Android is because they use different programming languages. IOS uses Objective-C while android is programmed in a variant of Java, two completely different programming languages.

Also from my experience and opinion IOS multitasking sucks. As it does not shutdown any applications whatsoever and to stop them you have to manually exit every single one(altough I may be wrong but like I said from experience I havent seen it). While Android has applications (Task Killers) to one click stop these applications. But android was programmed with multitasking in mind and automatically closes programs that are wasting valuable resources (Even more so in 2.3).

There are still more stuff but I can leave it at that.

On a side note any hardcore apple fan I come accross I show them this
http://www.theonion.com/video/apple-introduces-revolutionary-new-laptop-with-no,14299/

Last edited:

busab

Reaction score
I think the biggest reason you see higher quality apps on iPhone is that the developers only have to worry about making it run on ONE hardware configuration. Details developing for android means that the same program has to work well on multiple processors and screen resolutions. Such as snapdragon, omap, tegra2 and all their updates and variations.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

N

Nickchapa

They do have a lot of apps... That are worthless. The dj thing... Crap. Editing videos during recording... Sounds like an app for a small market of ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.