No matter how long still about 6hrs

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am seeing no matter how much I baby or push the maxx when the battery is almost out I end up with 6-7hrs of display.

No matter what I set gps, data, wifi, etc... I can go 20hrs or just 12hrs the maxx still ends up with 6-7hrs. (Auto brightness )

Anyone else notice this?

----posted maxx'ed out----

SallyC

Reaction score
I don't have the Maxx so my advice will be limited. But if you haven't already done so, there's a lot of folks who found Juice Defender (Ultimate recommended) to be helpful with battery life. There's a thread on it here.

OP
thaDroidz

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
by all means I am happy with anything over 10hrs. This 16-26hrs is freaking insane..
I have just noticed the 6-7hrs of actual screen on time, regardless of how long the charge is for. Kinda makes me wonder how long this thing would last just laying there..
;(

cece5702

Reaction score
by all means I am happy with anything over 10hrs. This 16-26hrs is freaking insane..
I have just noticed the 6-7hrs of actual screen on time, regardless of how long the charge is for. Kinda makes me wonder how long this thing would last just laying there..
;(

I get about 16-19 hours on the Maxx daily so you should be getting more than 6-7 hours I would think.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I am seeing no matter how much I baby or push the maxx when the battery is almost out I end up with 6-7hrs of display.

No matter what I set gps, data, wifi, etc... I can go 20hrs or just 12hrs the maxx still ends up with 6-7hrs. (Auto brightness )

Anyone else notice this?

Do you mean that your display is on 6-7 hours? What do you do so you can leave your display on so many hours?
The other weekend I had over 24 hours, about 7-8 hours very low usage, while screen time was a bit less than 4 hours.

OP
thaDroidz

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes 6-7 hrs.. of display.
Pretty much 2 hrs streaming Netflix each day. Then various other useage from being on here, fb, browsing the market, etc...
I even turn display off manually rather than screen time out.

Just seems no matter what my overall usage is, once display gets around 6 hrs my battery % is pretty close to 10%.

What display hrs are y'all seeing? Better/worse

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
If you have the display on that long I would say your battery usage is about right.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

lowfatdog

Reaction score
I just put my maxx on the charger after 2 days, 9 hours and 54 minutes at 20% power left. My largest usage was phone calls at around 32% of battery usage (about 2 hours). The next big usage was the android system. Way down the list at 7% of battery usage was screen time ( 2 hour 35 minutes of screen time) . I have my screen set to 30% power level. No doubt with minimum usage this BEAST will go for days!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would agree with that. Streaming 4G? 6-7 hours screen on Auto-Brightness?

You should be more than happy IMHO.

I'm at about 3 hours screen on with no streaming on a D3 at 30% left.

cece5702

Reaction score
Today my phone has been off the charger for 16 hours and I'm now at 70%.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
WOW the battery life of this phone is amazing! I can't wait to see what I get. I keep my screen at the lowest setting(can't stand it bright). I was thinking 6-7hrs of screen time would take your battery down pretty fast. Can't wait to get my phone tomorrow and see what I get!

xmguy

Reaction score
I swear by Juice Defender Ultimate. Smart Actions are a joke. Their (Motorola's) idea of disabling data is either with the display off or motion detection. With motion detection as long as the phone sees movement the data stays on. If you try and just use the screen off feature then data will shut off when trying to use internet radio with the display off. Or everytime I turn the screen on to check my calls, texts, etc data turns on. Even if all I'm doing is checking the time. JD has settings to white list apps and allow them to run with the display off. But when those apps are not running it turns the data off and keeps it off til screen is unlocked. So time can be checked. Its saved my battery. Before I too was getting 6 hrs maybe from the phone. Now ... well look for yourself.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

OP
thaDroidz

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
13hrs and that's with JD? Not very impressive. I have tasker if need be (just haven't decided it was needed)

Hope no one thinks I am not the least bit happy with this battery, that's far from the truth.

SallyC

Reaction score
My phone's been off 9 hrs and I'm at 91%. But I don't have the Maxx, just the plain old DROID RAZR. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Forgot to add - running Juice Defender Ultimate, xmguy! :D

Last edited:

nubia

Reaction score
My phone's been off 9 hrs and I'm at 91%. But I don't have the Maxx, just the plain old DROID RAZR. :rolleyes:

Sally, you still have a great phone hardly plain or old.. Heck I'm plain and old!

:), have a good weekend kiddo!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk