no market???

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if most d/w to pc first are you allowed to build a zip with both zips inside it?

caldin

Reaction score
ok, i had talked about this in another thread, but i do a wipe of data and cache, factory reset, fresh install, install gapps.zip, all that stuff. and i can't add my gmail account to my phone to sync the data, market doesn't work. i like how the ROM is setup, i installed the Smoked Glass Blue theme, and enjoyed it. just couldn't get anything to work. any thoughts on why the gapps.zip update wouldn't work?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to clarify your process. You wiped data and cache (3 times) then installed the Sapphire rom. Here is where I'm unclear -- did you reboot, remove or rename the rom update.zip, add the gapps update.zip and wipe again?

The process should be
Download the rom, gapps, and market hack
make a backup
wipe data and cache 3 times
install
install (dec) the rom update.zip
reboot
remove or rename the rom update.zip
move the gapps update.zip to your sd card
boot into recovery
install
install (dec) the gapps update.zip
reboot
login to Google account.

If that does not get your market then add the market hack releases:sapphire-0.8.4 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki] which is located under known issues.

Mike

jbrock98

Reaction score
ok, i had talked about this in another thread, but i do a wipe of data and cache, factory reset, fresh install, install gapps.zip, all that stuff. and i can't add my gmail account to my phone to sync the data, market doesn't work. i like how the ROM is setup, i installed the Smoked Glass Blue theme, and enjoyed it. just couldn't get anything to work. any thoughts on why the gapps.zip update wouldn't work?

I had a problem when first installing this I was coming from SS4.4 (using sprecovery) I wiped 3 times and when I rebooted it still was chevy's blue boot animation and it kept boot looping, so what eventually did was wipe 5x(again using sprecovery) installed the rom then without rebooting went to mount options and enabled mass storage device and put the gapps update.zip on root and installed rebooted and everything is running great first time with sapphire and loving it with the black glass theme

Sent from my Black Glass Sapphire Enhanced Droid using Tapatalk