no market on samsung Tab

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Reading now but the app brain checks your market apk I believe. I have been googling the issue and its happen to quite a few people. Just when I go to click I get time out or page no longer exists. I am still looking though.

OP
A

abuayyoub

Reaction score
strange thing is this seems to have all the official google apps
Maps, latitude, google search, Gmail etc. And some really sad excuse for an app store called "Slide.Me" market, no joke it's really web1.o looks like an Opera Mini page opened up on my old N95.

This thing is worthless without the Market.

OP
A

abuayyoub

Reaction score
I'm considering this what do you guys think??

*2767*3855#

Don’t try this one unless you’re sure. This code is used for factory format, and will remove all files and settings including the internal memory storage. It will also reinstall the firmware.

PS: Once you give this code, there is no way to cancel the operation unless you remove the battery from the phone, and even then, you run the risk of bricking your phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
been checking a couple of forums now and have not found anything yet.

OP
A

abuayyoub

Reaction score
I found this Giant list of Samsung codes only have no idea which might help.
I know that the when I bought my Galaxy S i brought it back to the store and the dude did this code which let him choose basically a different region ( someting starting with an X) and when it restarted there was the little marketplace bag and all the crappy Samsung bloatware was gone.

Tried it again but I only get this MMI error. I am thinking that there has to be some way to do this like he did.

OP
A

abuayyoub

Reaction score
Hi again everyone. I just rooted the tab it was super easy i also downloaded a program called marketaccess but it still dosent seem to give me access to the market. Apparently this is just to enable paid apps for people who have acess but only to free apps. I would think things would be a little easier now that its rooted so any suggestions would be appriciated.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got your device rooted, I hope the link I provided helped you out.

We're still looking for a solution to your Market woes

OP
A

abuayyoub

Reaction score
Gave up. Thanks for the help

After two long and frustrating days I give up and sold the tab. My advice to anyone considering buying one... Don't. I now underserstand why it's an "i' world. Thanks to everyone who helped I love (ed?) android but I think I'm finished.

jammasterkx2

Reaction score
TRY this possible Market fix:

Market Fix:
Go to Settings/ Applications/ Manage applications/ All

Find Market. clear cache & force stop

Find Google Services Framework. clear data & force stop

Now when you try to open the Market, it closes and you get an error.
Reboot phone, Market should be fine now

EDIT: not sure if the Tab has Google Services Framework on it. saw Market clear cache on first page.

Last edited: