No market, keyboard on Incredible

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by Flooopo, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Flooopo

Flooopo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :icon_eek:

So i just flashed the ShadowROM onto my Incredible via the ROM manager app, and now have no keyboard, and there's no MARKET APP. I can't get all my stuff back without the market...

also, the home button doesn't work but that is of less concern.

Any help on getting the market back? I guess I could do a hard factory reset but i really like this rom.

2. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    This is what happens when you dont install the Google Apps package on a Google branded phone.

* Google Market, its a Google App.
    * Google LatinIME Keyboard, its a Google App.
    * Setup Wizard, yes, that too is a Google App.

There are a LOT of apps that Google makes that are closed sourced and proprietary that they do NOT want being redistributed in a 3rd party Rom. These apps are still available from a separate add-on zip package, which we all refer to as GAPPS package.

We offer ShadowRom via Rom Manager because of its ease of use, and fool-proof installations, however, it seems there are still a majority of people NOT putting that little checkmark next to "Install Google Apps" during the installation..

In order to fix your ****-up, you need to reboot into Recovery, and restore your back-up (I sure hope you didnt forget to click that checkmark next to "make a back-up" too) and then re-install the Rom, doing it the right way.

;)

3. Flooopo

Flooopo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I see, thanks for your quick response.

I assumed the google apps were apps like google docs or google reader or calendar or things like that, didn't know they were actually important.

rebooting into my back up now (yes, i did not forget that one.)

Search tags for this page

droid has no keyboard