No love for BIONIC?

OP
lSUPERFLYl

lSUPERFLYl

Reaction score
I just hope development starts soon, even if it is something that isnt groundbreaking, just something to kind of kick-start it all. I wish I was good with making ROMs and such, or else I would give it a try.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not just a locked bootloader, its a heavily encrypted bootloader, which for one scares developers away. Also developers often like the latest devices, thats where the Razr came in. I am sure Cyanogen hates the bootloader thing. I like more single developer Roms anyways, rather than the huge multi phone roms. CM7 was never really finished on my Inc2. I wish CVPCS would go back to making Roms again, it would be awesome if he could do a side project or something for the Bionic. I wish we had some more development too, but every phone has its lulls in development from time to time, hopefully it picks back up...I do like stock rooted though.

markwebb

Reaction score
Stelv;1930629I do like stock rooted though.[/QUOTE said:
Actually, so do I ..and this is coming from someone who had an OG Droid with every possible ROM installed. LOL BUT, try TH3ORY Rom and the difference in speed is noticebable. Not that the Bionic is slow (compated to OG Droid), but I am amazed and can discern the speed difference w/o the bloat of stock.

Last edited:
OP
lSUPERFLYl

lSUPERFLYl

Reaction score
I havent rooted or put a ROM on my BIONIC yet, but I too am coming from the OG Droid and am used to all sorts of customization. I was waiting for a good ICS ROM or for just plain ICS to come out. Any suggestions on what ROM to use? Mark, tell me about TH3ORY.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well i cant run any roms atm moment cuz i took the 901 update. Hopefully we get some that work with that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

iGrizz

Reaction score
I hope so! The Bionic is really a good phone. With ICS, I will be set until my next upgrade 18 months from now.

I feel sad for the GNex owners: that phone is so flimsy from a value perspective (cost vs quality), every owner will be replacing them within 6 months of ownership. Many reviews, blogs and threads on here are reporting cracks and dings from slight drops. I am not envious of that.

Don't drop your phone then? I know it may sound silly but your phone is just as fragile as your television and your laptop. I have dropped my Thunderbolt 4-5 times and it has some noticeable wear on it. I actually prefer a phone made from polymers than a phone like the iPhone 4 that is made of thin metal and glass... Yeah that sounds strong.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

markwebb

Reaction score
I havent rooted or put a ROM on my BIONIC yet, but I too am coming from the OG Droid and am used to all sorts of customization. I was waiting for a good ICS ROM or for just plain ICS to come out. Any suggestions on what ROM to use? Mark, tell me about TH3ORY.

Just do it! LOL Root it and make sure you do For3v3r root, accept the newer OTA from VZW a few weeks ago if you haven't already, install Bionic Bootstrap, make a back up of stock system , and install Th3ory. Also, Eclipse 2.0 is a nice ROM to try as well. If you don't like them, no harm done. Just flash your saved stock system zip. I rooted my phone and installed, at that time, Th3ory Purity ROM within 2 hours of unboxing the phone.

OP
lSUPERFLYl

lSUPERFLYl

Reaction score
Isn't that what the insurance is for anyway? Back when I had my OG Droid, I probably got a replacement one every 4-6 months because I kept dropping/losing it. Just fork out the extra cash for the insurance and deal with whatever misfortune you get.

markwebb

Reaction score
Isn't that what the insurance is for anyway? Back when I had my OG Droid, I probably got a replacement one every 4-6 months because I kept dropping/losing it. Just fork out the extra cash for the insurance and deal with whatever misfortune you get.

Hmmm..my OG Droid is like a tank and I dropped it tons of times. I have nary a scratch except for the battery door which doesn't sit right but I can buy them on Amazon for a song. I just am not bothered by it.

I could always count on it and I still use it as a backup. Sure, insurance is for that, but a phone should be built stronger...and not something that drains customers monetarily. Give me a sturdy phone any day. No matter how one is careful with their electronics, like I am, mistakes and accidents sometimes happen. Poor build quality is something a consumer should not be monetarily responsible for IMHO and smart buying allows me denial of a purchase for those manufacturers. :) Besides, software is what makes the Nexus...and we will have that soon!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would recommend bionic safestrap instead of bionic bootstrap. It lets you dual boot so you can have 2 roms at all times. One is usually a backup if something goes wrong. But the best part is that if safestrap is enabled and you get caught in a bootloop you just restart your phone and the safestrap menu pops up at boot and you can get into recovery from there. No need to sbf. Make sure you remove bootstrap recovery before you install safestrap if u use it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cebosound

Reaction score
I am very happy with my Bionic. And I am hopeful we will get some more roms once ICS comes out. I am using Eclipse v2.0 at the moment. And it is working flawlessly. I am not in a hurry to switch roms anytime soon. ..... I will wait til ICS comes out, then look for my next ROM.

I see your point. Hopefully our Bionics get some love in the future. It is still a great phone; I am happy to have if full term. :)