1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No longer waiting on iPhone for VZW!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by skidemn, Nov 19, 2009.

1. skidemn

skidemn New Member

After 9 years with all the iterations of the company now called AT$T (yes the $ symbol is used intentionally since those bast*rds would screw their grandma over for a nickel), I was hosed to the tune of $1100 so I left to Verizon a month before the iPhone launch. Despite my lust for that phone I've waited like a kid on Christmas Eve for the VZW iPhone. Well, screw that- my new Droid (I waited in line at 6:30 am November 6th to get) smokes that Apple elitist POS! Long live the new king!
  2. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Lol, yeah the iphone was the first to OooOo and awe us. I always vowed to never give AT&T any of my money and to date never have. Glad to have you here :)
  3. Southern_Belle

Southern_Belle New Member

I feel the same...I got tired of hearing from Verizon employees that they would release the Iphone in the spring of 2010. So I went out and got the Droid and I don't think I'd buy the Iphone if Verizon released it!!!!!!!!
  4. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Nah i wouldn't buy it either. With the way apple is, being so restrictive and I don't think i'd want one at all.
  5. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

The iWhat?
  6. sir

sir New Member

you made a good choice :)
  7. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

AT&T are the worst. I used them in my apartment and they royally tried to screw me for a lot of money.

It took many hours to clear up the issue with them because it was not my fault yet they tried to say it was. At any rate, I'm glad you moved over. Verizon is an outstanding company with excellent service. Not to mention the Droid : )

Enjoy
  8. endurance

endurance New Member

i work at att :D
  9. skidemn

skidemn New Member

Greetings and thanks!

Thanks New2u! I'm normally more of a lurker in rooms, just trying to learn from those in the know, but I seem to have this forum open 24/7 since finding it and I can't seem to get enough. I think I'm gonna be on tech overload pretty soon, but I haven't been this excited about a new toy since I discovered Boxee and bought an AppleTV to hack.
  10. MQAAord

MQAAord New Member

We were with AT&T for 6 years, finally got tired of the dropped calls & poor reception.

Been with Verizon for just shy of 5 years now.
  11. BillTheCat

BillTheCat New Member

Even though I work for VZ, I went thru AT&T and Sprint in the past, and dropped both for network issues. I can't say bad things about the iPhone as a piece of hardware, but the network drags it down, and Apple's chokehold on it always bothered me.

But if the iPhone had come to VZW before the Droid, I'd be using one now. It's a shame VZW passed on the iPhone when they were given first dibs way back when. Can you imagine how many more people would be using iPhones now if they had been on the VZW network all along?