No longer the same phone I bought!!!Performance drops..

vikramsingh

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

This forum has been an immense source of information on my D2G so far. But now I seem to be loosing it!

My phone has been really slow for whatever reason I don't know. I did a hard reset and it works few days, then back to sluggishness. At times, I get 100% CPU use notifications from default task manager. If I run a video, it will surely end up freezing the phone.

The keyboard acted weirdly for a while. Then I read somewhere to clean it's cache, which did wonders and it started working. But all in all, the phone is very slow compared to how it has been performing in its early days.

I do not use many apps - around 10 at a time. I don't know what i am doing wrong.

Is it common? Sorry if I am reposting - Please point me to a thread which discusses this in detail and I will find my way.

Thank you all!

OP
vikramsingh

vikramsingh

Reaction score
Also at a time I only see 40 MB free RAM. Is it normal?

Timetripper

Reaction score
Also at a time I only see 40 MB free RAM. Is it normal?

The amount of free ram seems about right. From my research the programs that free up ram can actually cause poor battery life as some apps run in the background and if you close them and the os restarts the closed apps that takes cpu + battery power. A little ot but still gives you some insight into why ram in use. The more apps you have doing things like weather or sports score updates, or txting/ email the more ram will be in use. Sorry I can't give you any advice on the other issues you seem to be having.

My CPU can very from 8~92% but it usually scales back down pretty fast. Also I use SetCPU to throttle the cpu Mhz down when not necessary.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I am curious on this too. My wifes D2G is so slow right now, its nothing like when she first got it.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Are you guys running stock? Moto's GB update was a lil bit better than their original Froyo and .330 update but it still suffers from their lack of software polishing.

I've been rooted and rom'd since last january and never looked back. This thing is a tank and while it is definitely dated hardware CM7 runs better than out of the box ever could.

silver6054

Reaction score
Are you guys running stock? Moto's GB update was a lil bit better than their original Froyo and .330 update but it still suffers from their lack of software polishing.

I've been rooted and rom'd since last january and never looked back. This thing is a tank and while it is definitely dated hardware CM7 runs better than out of the box ever could.

Of course, if they are on stock and have taken the latest OTA, they won't be able to root and rom, at least for now...