No LiveStream for Amazon Smartphone Unveiling; Details Coming!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazon_smartphone_render_leak_bgr.jpg

Amazon's big press event in which it is expected they will be unveiling a new smartphone device is going to happen later this morning. There's no livestream, but there will be a few sites live-blogging so stay tuned here as we bring you details on the fly. We will post a separate story for the final reveal, but most of the details appear to have been leaked previously.

Be sure to check out our Amazon Smartphone Forum right here at DroidForums.net! Here's the quicklink: Amazon Smartphone Forum

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I find that surprising. One would think they would want all the exposure they can get.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah... I bet the logistics of setting that up are tougher than we think. It's easier for some companies because they already have the infrastructure set up for it: Google has YouTube and Apple has iTunes. Samsung and others have to go to third party or partners/competitors to get the job done.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
No stream? Well that blows. :sad-b:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah... I bet the logistics of setting that up are tougher than we think. It's easier for some companies because they already have the infrastructure set up for it: Google has YouTube and Apple has iTunes. Samsung and others have to go to third party or partners/competitors to get the job done.

Yeah, but Amazon has one of the largest cloud infrastructures in the world. You mean to tell me that they couldn't provide a media streaming event for their fabled phone. No, this was just not great thinking on their part.