No link to Koush ROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just discovered this last night myself and I'm looking into it.. When I have an answer as soon ass I find out something.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just noticed that the link is gone from the custom ROM section. am i missing something?

What happened was the area hasn't been used in quite some time. Apparently everyone is going to his site for information and downloads so since it was no longer being used it was closed up.

I have to agree with Admin, if the area is dormant then why bother to hold it open? I've had 2 people ask me about the area in a24 hour period, OP included so there just doesn't seem to be an interest in Kousch here in the Droid Forums.

wooddale

Reaction score
Hook(Bill) New at the rom game downloaded Koush (Premium) I follow all the instructions it says it downloads the rom I can find it on my sd card but I cant get it oin the phone I know Im doiung something stupid but cant figure it out can you help Larry

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hook(Bill) New at the rom game downloaded Koush (Premium) I follow all the instructions it says it downloads the rom I can find it on my sd card but I cant get it oin the phone I know Im doiung something stupid but cant figure it out can you help Larry

It should list your downloaded roms in Rom Manager.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Color me a little confused, but there were a couple of threads that were very helpful to CM users. I had a couple of tutorials that I penned that were certainly being used by folks. Perhaps no activity in the last few days, but not weeks nor months of inactivity like one or two of the other rom sections here. Perhaps is was related to no activity by Koush himself, but as I use their rom and visit their official site, there was certainly more activity here than there.

Major bummer,

Craig

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Color me a little confused, but there were a couple of threads that were very helpful to CM users. I had a couple of tutorials that I penned that were certainly being used by folks. Perhaps no activity in the last few days, but not weeks nor months of inactivity like one or two of the other rom sections here. Perhaps is was related to no activity by Koush himself, but as I use their rom and visit their official site, there was certainly more activity here than there.

Major bummer,

Craig

I think the issue was that Koush never came here and supported his section. Others were cleaned up as well. It may have been soft deleted so those writeups might be able to be moved elsewhere.

captdroid

Reaction score
i just noticed that the link is gone from the custom ROM section. am i missing something?

What happened was the area hasn't been used in quite some time. Apparently everyone is going to his site for information and downloads so since it was no longer being used it was closed up.

I have to agree with Admin, if the area is dormant then why bother to hold it open? I've had 2 people ask me about the area in a24 hour period, OP included so there just doesn't seem to be an interest in Kousch here in the Droid Forums.

I don't understand this at all since there has been very much activity in the Koush (Cyanogenmod) forum recently and much work done by forum members posting testing and research for Cyanogenmod kernel with overclocking, and new themes, and a following whenever a new ROM is released most recently 6.1.2. Frankly much more activity then other custom ROM forums listed IMHO.

Anyway, the forum is still available just not listed under custom ROMS. It can be found here:Link Removed (BnB)

I sure hope the Koush (Cyanogenmod) forum is at least allowed to remain despite not being listed under custom ROMS. Much work and time has been spent by DF forum members posting in this forum recently and it would be a shame to loose all that work. And IMO there is definitely a user base here on DF of Cyanogenmod ROM.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If necessary we can bring it back. It's just that it's not being used, and all the information is available at Koush's website.

If you see something just sitting there and it's inactive for so long a time with nobody posting, then you got to come to a conclusion that it just is taking up space.

If the thread continues to get more request to reopen it, then I will go ahead and tell admin. Right now, I'm still not inclined to do that.

captdroid

Reaction score
If necessary we can bring it back. It's just that it's not being used, and all the information is available at Koush's website.

If you see something just sitting there and it's inactive for so long a time with nobody posting, then you got to come to a conclusion that it just is taking up space.

If the thread continues to get more request to reopen it, then I will go ahead and tell admin. Right now, I'm still not inclined to do that.

But there are many postings quite recently. Not trying to be contrary. Anyway, hopefully others will come forward in favor of re listing Koush (Cyanogenmod) forum under custom ROMS here on DF. Thanks Hook.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

But there are many postings quite recently. Not trying to be contrary. Anyway, hopefully others will come forward in favor of re listing Koush (Cyanogenmod) forum under custom ROMS here on DF. Thanks Hook.

That's ok, maybe I misunderstood what admin told me. It may be that they meant updates by Koush or updated ROMs. I'm not quite sure, but posting that link for now does give access to the area of the Forum. Let me look into it a bit more and I'll get back to you by this afternoon.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Hook,

I concur that Koush himself did not appear to update his Sticky section with new information but I think that perhaps this needs to be considered in the light of much of their stuff is available through direct download on the phone. If lack of sticky info is the criteria, then perhaps this was appropriate.

But, if you look in a couple of other Rom's custom section you will see a few with no activity by the rom maker, and even few posts, in weeks and months. What I can assure you is that there was more activity in Koush's section here by members posting queries/fixes etc. than there are at Koush's actual website. Especially when you factor in that the D1 on Koush's site also includes Milestone phones.

This site certainly was the main Koush location, for at least active conversation. Given that a very large percentage of folks here are likley using CW recovery it seems a section is not unreasonable from the user side. The CM team is actively developing for the D1 it would seem a shame to to not have them covered on this premier Droid forum.

Craig

wingdo

Reaction score

What is the definition of "inactive"? I logged 25-40 posts there this month.

Also, it may have made more sense to rename it CyanogenMod or something. Koush doesn't really explain what it is unless someone "knows" to go there.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, koush doesn't support the D1 anymore. Webster and another member do last I heard.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

captdroid

Reaction score
Cyanogenmod ROM maintainers for D1 are now optedoblivion, and mtwebster. Koush now maintains Cyanogenmod for the Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.