No Landscape Mode?

Gregorama

Reaction score
Am I the only one experiencing this issue? If I'm shooting out a text then I can slide out my keyboard to switch to landscape, but other than that, the homescreen will only appear in portrait mode. Sliding out the keyboard does nothing.

I'm running Zen-MIUI v2

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As far as I knew, there is not 270 or 180 degree orientation settings on this ROM. The home screen as well as the main text screen are not rotatable. Other parts of the Rom can be though. For instance, your main MMS screen is not rotatable, but if you select a txt message thread, you can rotate and tilt. Its just more related to the home screens.

Its more of a preference though, as most other ROMs that have the feature above, allow the user to check/uncheck orientation in settings. I personally prefer not to have it rotatable on the home screen mainly because I dont navigate home screen in 270 degree, and there have been many instances when using other Roms where I would unlock my screen with the phone in vertical orientation, and the homescreen would appear in horizontal. It was kind of annoying.

Quite possibly these are the kinds of things that devs are incorporating into new versions of miui, or at least a possible update in the future? Not sure about that...but if there is enough interest..its a possibility.

OP
G

Gregorama

Reaction score
Noted. Thank you for taking the time to reply.