No internet, Please help!

Ginlilly

Reaction score
I just received my droid incredible last night and from the get-go had trouble activating it. Now, I have phone service but no internet, and I cant connect to my wi-fi (just keeps saying Connecting...) and Mobile Network says "Turning on..."constantly. Unfortunately, the rep from verizon didnt help much...I really feel they only have answers to things they've already experienced.. she didn't have any answers to my questions. Anyway; does anyone know if it's because I am currently roaming? I can't dial *228 because im in an extended area. Could this be the problem? My blackberry worked great here so Im starting to regret my new phone choice. If i drive to my regular network to dial *228...should it work??? And if I get it set up while im there...will it work when Im roaming??

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Well first off, welcome to the forum.

I am sorry that you are having troubles with your Incredible. I have to say that I am unsure about how to fix your situation. I am going to ask that your post be moved to the Incredible section in hopes of finding someone there with some answers for you.

To find the Incredible section, click on the forum tab at the top of the page then scroll down until you see the Incredible section. I am sure someone there will have answers for you. Sorry I wasn't more help.

Marco Montana

Reaction score
I'm no guru, but it sounds to me like your data coverage in your area is very poor...

I would try rebooting the phone and maybe heading down the street or outside somewhere and see if the data 3g connects.

As far as your wifi it should connect provided you have wifi turned on and you enter the proper wep key to access your network. I myself had an issue where my network was set for 5 devices froom 192.168.0.1-192.168.05 with the router being 192.168.0.0, well after the router supplies IP addresses to the 5 devices it wouldn't allow a 6th to be allocated a IP address until I figured it out and set the addresses to allow up to 10.

Sounds like a coverage problem to me...

tigerdango

Reaction score
Sounds like coverage to me too. Your INC should be running internet on the 3G network out of the box.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Just to be clear, did you buy this phone at a Verizon Store or online? It seems to me that if you bought it at the store you shouldn't have left with a phone that wasn't working on all fronts... if you did... geez...

If it did come from an internet order, what instructions came with the phone for activation and did you follow them correctly?

When you say you spoke to a rep, did you chat with one online or go to a storefront? Again, seems to me if you took the handset to a store they would at least figure a way to get your phone programmed before you leave.

Just wanting to be crystal on your experience so far, if you had a VZW Blackberry that was getting data at your locale, (3G that is, not 1x) doesn't really make much sense that an Incredible wouldn't. Did your BB get 3G? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but process of elimination wins when it comes to phones.

tigerdango

Reaction score
It's funny I just talked about something in another post with Technogeek that might be the problem here. The reason why he asks if your BB got 3G is because there is something you have to be careful with of phones that most people don't think of. Even if you get a 3G phone (or 4G) *Your area has to be covered on the 3G/4G network.* A lot of people don't know that service providers have coverage areas for 3G and 4G, and not being in them will make it where you cannot access these speeds. Otherwise you get 1X or similar. This could be part of your problem.

Reaction score
Tigerdango is right, always keep in mind that there's a difference between your voice coverage and your data coverage, you can look those up at your carrier's website (maps) to see the differences.

Marco Montana

Reaction score
Thats why all this talk about 4g is futile, in my opinion I never get full 3g nevermind worrying about 4g and paying for a new phone to get it to have the same speeds.

Droid Incredible ADR6300

tigerdango

Reaction score
Well 3G and 4G are actually pretty nice. I mean compare 3G to an older phone that runs on an older network and you will see it is definitely faster. I myself am a little weary though as to how much faster 4G could possibly be from 3G. My INC already loads pages just like my laptop does running on a cable internet connection, so. It's already fast enough for me. =3

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this thread for a couple of days so I looked at it this morning.

Did anybody else noticed that today is the 21st and the OP posted one post for help on the 17th. And never came back again?:)

Just an observation, please carry on.;)

RogerQ

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't read all the post but just wondering if any one suggested doing a master rest by holding down the power and volume down key and You should have been able to connect to wifi at leastv. Good luck

Sent from my Droid Incredible