no in store pre-order

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
yeah when i started this i was also told they would have loads of them on hand. so who knows... i am not getting one anyway just saying... waiting for the 4g phones... lol

you'll be waiting until Q1 next year for 4g phones then lol

At least.............

dyno213

Reaction score
I was able to pre order my X today. They said it was only for people who ordered the incredible though like the above poster said.

What stops you from ordering the Incredible, and then coming back in 2 minutes later and changing it to the X? I went the easy route and went through Best Buy.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I was able to pre order my X today. They said it was only for people who ordered the incredible though like the above poster said.

What stops you from ordering the Incredible, and then coming back in 2 minutes later and changing it to the X? I went the easy route and went through Best Buy.

I dunno, I guess nothing really. I just told them I wanted to cancel the order, told them I was going to best buy and they said they would pre order the x for me instead. It saved me 2 hours in gas that it would have taken to get to best buy and back.

-Q-

Reaction score
I went to verizon today to ask about pre ordering through them and the rep said no but they will have plenty of phones on hand on the 15th, we'll see.

I have spoke to 3 different VW stores and they all have said that supply will not be an issue with DX. Nice to see that Moto will not have people scrambling for the phone.

ColinLevy

Reaction score
Even though everywhere I hear, they say their will be plenty of stock at the VZW stores...I am still going to go camp out or get their very very early and wait.

rolandct

Reaction score
I think with the ridiculous amount of marketing they are going to put behind the launch I can't imagine they'd have a shortage. I would hope at least.

thud424

Reaction score
Just pre-ordered "X" at Best buy. $50 deposit given back to you in form of gift card which can be used to purchase phone. One + for going to BB is that you don't have to send off to get the $100 rebate back as you do when purchasing from Verizon... ( I am #4 in the cue at Altamonte Springs BB

xoclutch

Reaction score

I tried this, I was told by 2 reps that i could not do it. I just ended up canceling my order and i'll have to wait till the 7/15 to order it.

I was told if u refuse shipment they will send a droid X instead.

dpeach06

Reaction score
I live in a small town, so my "pre-order" consisted of putting my name down on a sticky note next to the computer.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I tried this, I was told by 2 reps that i could not do it. I just ended up canceling my order and i'll have to wait till the 7/15 to order it.

I was told if u refuse shipment they will send a droid X instead.

I doubt they would just send the X instead....More than likely your CC will get a credit.

D

dhong87

im planning on going to BB to pre-order the droid-x..
but one question, will i have issues with warranty and will i have to go through BB for the warranty phone? I heard theyre CS isnt that great...

on another note, would vzw honor the 1 year warranty if i purchase it through BB?

thud424

Reaction score
I can't really answer your questions , but while ordering mine I saw the manager giving excellent support to someone who was having phone problems, and trying to repair/replace his damaged phone asap...I believe warranties are honored no matter where phone is purchased ( if legitimate dealer)

hendrix

Reaction score
im planning on going to BB to pre-order the droid-x..
but one question, will i have issues with warranty and will i have to go through BB for the warranty phone? I heard theyre CS isnt that great...

on another note, would vzw honor the 1 year warranty if i purchase it through BB?

Verizon should honor the 1 year standard warranty for any phone sold by their authorized dealers. If you happen to buy an extended warranty through BB then you would have to take it to them to use that warranty.

Red Tornado

Reaction score
Just put down a $50.00 deposit at Verizon retailer. 1st one at the store I went to....