No ICS update for atleast 2 months until around november

bbtkd

Reaction score
Yeah, I was part of the .902 update test. There is no guarantee that you'll be selected, but if you do you'll get an email saying it'll be out. then you'll get the update OTA. After a couple of days you get a survey to fill out (the OTA update goes out after that) and one later on. Part of the soak test is the ability to receive and update OTA, not sticking it in your SD-EXT card and booting into recovery. If all goes well, the version sent on the soak test will be the version that goes OTA.

The thing is that you agree not to disclose anything on forums such as this. That should include "I'M ON THE SOAK TEST AND GOT THE UPDATE! dancedroid:icon_ banana:" threads.

In that case, I'd like to be the first to vehemently deny that I've received the soak...

josh1980

Reaction score
Personally, as soon as the ICS update is released as a soak test I'll give it 24 hours or so and then install it if there's no major issues. My 2 biggest concerns are being stuck on a version of android that is not supported with no way of getting back on track and having to do a backup and restore again with Titanium Backup. Once it's released for soak it has to be supported ;)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Samuri, WHAT DO YOU KNOW that we don't? I feel like you got some awesome insider info! Or you're just a god lol

Officially I know absolutely nothing. Unofficially I know not much more than that. Only that Moto says that it's delayed to q4. I was expecting a leak today which never materialized. All of this is rumor and speculation. Sadly, that's all we ever get.

welsalex

Reaction score
Officially I know absolutely nothing. Unofficially I know not much more than that. Only that Moto says that it's delayed to q4. I was expecting a leak today which never materialized. All of this is rumor and speculation. Sadly, that's all we ever get.

Link to source for Q4 delay please!

dautley

Reaction score
Maybe moto has decided Bionic will be the first device to get JB pushed to it as sort of a test bed for Razar and Droid4, and has decided not to push out ICS atall as long as were talking rumors...

welsalex

Reaction score
I guess you don't get the concept of unofficial speculatory info huh? :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I get that. Why would you phrase it using a Q4 remark? Obviously it's speculatory thus my sarcastic request to include sustaining remarks. As has been stated, you must know more than the masses. I love you just want you to disclose all you know.

nobreak1970

Reaction score
WTF is unofficial speculation???

Makes absolutely no sense.

DID moto say Q4 or not?

Cut and dried thing here man.
:)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I get that. Why would you phrase it using a Q4 remark? Obviously it's speculatory thus my sarcastic request to include sustaining remarks. As has been stated, you must know more than the masses. I love you just want you to disclose all you know.

I hear things. That's all I can really say. Can't back it up. Have no source to quote. No credibility whatsoever on my part. But... I hear things. :) what I've said is literally all I "know"... Which ain't much. Take it with a pound of salt. ;)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Wow lot of attitude towards samurai...he's a great guy you people need to relax!!!!