1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No icon text

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by liquidzoo, Feb 15, 2010.

1. liquidzoo

liquidzoo New Member

I know that PandaHome has the option to remove the icon text. So my question is, does anyone know how this is accomplished? I would love to have this feature available with any home replacement if I could.
  2. Humpa

Humpa New Member

More Icons uses no text, but they are 1/4 size icons (since they are widgets).
    BetterCuts lets you change the icon and text of any shortcut, but you need to at least use a space for the text, which causes a small dark colored oval still showing up where the text would be - but if your background is dark then you can't see that small "spot".

Using a combination of More Icons and BetterCuts I have no text on any of my 5 screens:
    www.humpa.com/images/homescreeens.jpg
  3. liquidzoo

liquidzoo New Member

I knew about both of those tricks, but I wanted to try something with a theme that would require no icon text; but I didn't really want Panda Home.

How's this: Does More Icons let you pick the image that you will use? If so, that might do the trick. I know Better Cut will do it, but again it won't completely remove the icon text.
  4. Humpa

Humpa New Member

No, More Icons is a widget. It does use the default icons for the programs/shortcuts, but you cannot alter them.

I don't like any of the Home alternatives. I can get it just how I like it from just using those 2 programs. But I'm easy. ;)

EDIT: use BetterCut and a dark background and you will never know that the text is a space.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010