'No, I said...' New Google Now Feature Let's You Try Your Voice Command Again

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok-google-search.jpg

Google Now is currently the smartest and most responsive voice activated software on the planet, but that doesn't mean it is flawless yet. It still has some learning to do before it can evolve to a higher level of intelligence and take over the world. In the mean-time, on the rare occasions when it doesn't quite get things right, the Google engineers gave it a new feature which gives it another chance to do better.

Now, Google Now lets you say "No, I said... XXXXX" to try again. You simply need to restate what you were trying to do or search for after saying that "No, I said... " line. This word correction feature isn't the only new trick taught to this not-so-old dog. Google Now also lets you control your media with your voice. For example, you can now say “Ok Google, next song” to skip to the next track in your music player. Alternatively, you can say “Ok Google, pause song” to pause playback.

As we have reported earlier, Google Now can also create event cards for your calendar directly from your gmail emails. On top of this it can now better manage call reminders and let you know when to get off your train or bus.

For a quick video of this new word correction feature, check out the short video on the Google+ source link below.

Source: Google+ - Google Now

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Love it! While it has a little ways to go to be perfect, Google Now is THE best digital assistant out there. It consistently performs nearly flawlessly for hands-free operations, and giving me the info I need, exactly when I need it :)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Great another command my phone can ignore when I say it. Almost as bad a girlfriend.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've found myself using voice commands even voice input for e-mail or texting when I'm alone. I don't like it when I'm in public or if someone is near at work. But if I had a bluetooth headset playing music and I could use my voice to do a few things while working, that would be convenient. I just wish I didn't have to say OK Google every time.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I actually like the command as it's much better than the alternative of having to tap a button to activate it.
I could've swore there used to be an option to change the "ok Google" keyword to something more personal, but now that I think about it, I believe that was a feature within the "Assistant" app which I used to use a lot before they updated Google Now.
I also think they need to work on the personal voice recognition a little more. Anyone within range of my phone can say "Ok Google" and it will activate. Not that that will be a problem that often, but I was messing with the wife while we were sitting in the couch the other night and I kept activating hers (on purpose) just to mess with her. LOL I think making it recognize ones own voice should be the next step with this awesome feature.
Gotta love technology!

tap'n on my S5

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've found myself using voice commands even voice input for e-mail or texting when I'm alone. I don't like it when I'm in public or if someone is near at work. But if I had a bluetooth headset playing music and I could use my voice to do a few things while working, that would be convenient. I just wish I didn't have to say OK Google every time.
I remember when I got my Nexus7 it updated the day I got it to JB,I think, and I could change the phrase. I didn't use it much so I don't know when the ability changed. It also had the option to do something (slide up ?) from the home button to activate it if I didn't feel like talking to my tablet to wake up the feature. It was very buggy back then, wouldn't even give me the weather much less open my music player so I didn't use it much after the first couple of days of frustration

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

BostonDan

Reaction score
Ugh. I am banging my head against a wall now. I have been trying to get my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 to recognize either S-Voice or Google Now when the screen is ON. When it is off, it reacts to "Hi Galaxy", but I cannot train the google now search nor can I start google now when the screen is on by saying "Ok Google" or "Hi Galaxy" and it is driving me freaking nuts!

Does anybody else have any experience with the Verizon GN3 and this issue? It seems the net is rife with people who have this working, but I have read through every post. I have enabled S-Voice when off or lock screen, set the S-Voice to be an administrator.

Any ideas?

Help!

Cheers,
B.D.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I recall reading you have to be on 4.4.3 or 4.4.4. Thanks to Verizon, we just got 4.4.2 not too long ago. Stock of course.