No hope probably

Reaction score
So the other day my older brother found a verizon htc droid Eris (in the snow) and I really have no hope for it because he said there was water behind the screen (as you could see it sloshing around) could it be repaired

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Highly doubt it but i have seen posts saying that putting in a bowl of rice for 2 - 3 days might do the trick as it will observe the water.

Reaction score
Yeah but found? What are you planning on doing with it. If someone lost it I'm sure they reported it to their carrier. If it does start to work I'm sure you won't be able to activate it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
No hope whatsoever, no. If you were serious about trying to dry it out and use it as a tiny internet-only tablet, well, you'd need some MAJOR luck and something a BIT more, shall we say, effective than dusty, scratchy rice.

You'll want some desiccant, like you can buy at Harbor Freight or any other major hardware store -- they sell it to dry out the air going into the lines for shops that use pneumatic tools. Pull the battery, leave it open, and put it in a sealed plastic bag. Leave it alone for a week. Then you can check to see if the water's all gone.