1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No hope probably

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Wish I had dis phone, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Wish I had dis phone

Wish I had dis phone New Member

So the other day my older brother found a verizon htc droid Eris (in the snow) and I really have no hope for it because he said there was water behind the screen (as you could see it sloshing around) could it be repaired
  2. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Highly doubt it but i have seen posts saying that putting in a bowl of rice for 2 - 3 days might do the trick as it will observe the water.
  3. really fascinating

really fascinating New Member

Yeah but found? What are you planning on doing with it. If someone lost it I'm sure they reported it to their carrier. If it does start to work I'm sure you won't be able to activate it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    No hope whatsoever, no. If you were serious about trying to dry it out and use it as a tiny internet-only tablet, well, you'd need some MAJOR luck and something a BIT more, shall we say, effective than dusty, scratchy rice.

You'll want some desiccant, like you can buy at Harbor Freight or any other major hardware store -- they sell it to dry out the air going into the lines for shops that use pneumatic tools. Pull the battery, leave it open, and put it in a sealed plastic bag. Leave it alone for a week. Then you can check to see if the water's all gone.