No HDMI out

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by Uglymouse, Sep 13, 2011.

1. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    I wouldn't had known if I didn't read it on the RealHDMI market page. Though, I kind of remember reading about content blocking back when the X first came out with Blockbuster.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

2. pilot12

pilot12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I had the exact same results when I experimented with the cable. I ordered the HD dock the same day and got it overnight and I didn't connect directly again (HD dock works fine with no "loose connection"), so I never figured out if it was the port or the cable, but it was definitely on the phone end. I suspected the inexpensive cable from Monoprice might be the culprit, but that same cable is now working fine with the dock. The phone fits snugly into the dock and I can move the entire assembly around without losing the connection.

BTW, I do recommend the HD dock. It gives you a couple more options and more covenience when going HDMI to a larger screen. The included remote is a little glitchy so you might want to consider ordering a looooong cable from MP or wherever you buy your wires.

3. weslaing21

weslaing21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my hdmi is stuck in hdmi output but it doesnt a cord hooked up to it cannot get it to go away i have a droid 3

4. brent.murray

brent.murray Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Video, however no audio thru hdmi.....

I tried the minihdmi with my bionic to a hd tv and immediately recognized and showed video... NO AUDIO though whatsoever..... tried a ton of apps,songs, videos, double check media audio vol, no luck.. was borrowing the brand new cable from a buddy. I'm going to Best buy where I bought it from and have them hook it up and see if they can.... hardware issue?

5. davecor

davecor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Finicky HDMI port

Just hooked up my Bionic via HDMI for the first time and had the same problem with intermittent signal loss with a Monoprice cable. It resolved after a few reconnects and mot moving the phone. Will try another cable next time to test.

6. Metalunna

Metalunna Member

Ratings:
    +5
    It's definitely an issue with the cables I got from monoprice cables. I RMA'd the 15 foot and 6 foot I had..Replacements do the same thing. The 3 foot I got is solid. Because the cables are so cheap, I decided to try the cables with the ferrite. They are a little more stable. I also bought a standard to Micro HDMI adapter and that seems to work well.

BTW..I still love monoprice. No issues with them whatsoever. Even the RMA was easy.

Search tags for this page
audio doesnt work mirror mode
bionic doesn't recognize hdmi cable
bionic hdmi not working
bionic mirror mode
droid 3 hdmi damage
droid bionic doesnt recognize mirorror mode

droid bionic mirror mode not working

droid bionic why di mirror mode stop working
droid mirror mode doesnt work
no mirror mode bionic