No HDMI out

Uglymouse

Reaction score
I just got a cable to use the mirror mode but it doesn't seem to work. I cannot get any video or audio out. What do you think the problem could be?

pdc419

Reaction score
Unfortunately it could be your TV. I have a transformer and on their forums there is a big discussion about this. Something about hdcp I think. Anyways what I got from this is the HDMI works with some TVs and not others. Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

pilot12

Reaction score
Could be your cable connection. Mine started right up when I plugged it in, but I immediately noticed that if I moved the phone a little that I would lose the connection. It's like it is a little loose on the phone end. Worked fine when I just left the phone laying still. Try making a firmer contact and try a different brand cable. Inspect the micro HDMI port for pin damage.

OP
Uglymouse

Uglymouse

Reaction score
Does mirror mode mirror the whole phone or just movies & photos.

OP
Uglymouse

Uglymouse

Reaction score
My coworker's Droid 3 works with the cable and the tv, so it looks like it is my phone, right?

MacDuffie

Reaction score
My coworker's Droid 3 works with the cable and the tv, so it looks like it is my phone, right?
Not necessariy. I would try a new cable first. I have the HD Dock and couldn't get anything to appear on my monitor when the HDMI cable was plugged into the dock. But it worked when I plugged it directly into the phone's HDMI port. So I exchanged the dock - and with the new dock, everything is working just perfectly.

donnycouchpotato

Reaction score
I ran the hdmi cable direct to my 50" Samsung plasma, using mirror mode on the phone it instantly showed the display of the phone on the TV mimicking my every move, however when I tried to get the NFL mobile AP to stream video, it wouldnt. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Metalunna

Reaction score
Could be your cable connection. Mine started right up when I plugged it in, but I immediately noticed that if I moved the phone a little that I would lose the connection. It's like it is a little loose on the phone end. Worked fine when I just left the phone laying still. Try making a firmer contact and try a different brand cable. Inspect the micro HDMI port for pin damage.

Ha..i just posted this over at motorola:

Hi,
Was curious if anyone's HDMI port is finicky. I dont use a dock, just an hdmi cable to my tv.* I noticed that with the slightest movement of the cable or phone, the hdmi connection drops. I have tried 3 cables with the same result. Wondering if my hdmi port is loose or if this is expected behavior as the hdmi connection is typically made when in a dock.

CDMAengineer

Reaction score
HDMI does not work when I do any sort of HD movie service

Hi,
Was curious if anyone's HDMI port is finicky. I dont use a dock, just an hdmi cable to my tv.* I noticed that with the slightest movement of the cable or phone, the hdmi connection drops. I have tried 3 cables with the same result. Wondering if my hdmi port is loose or if this is expected behavior as the hdmi connection is typically made when in a dock.

I have the cable and it works on everything EXCEPT when I use my HBO GO and try to actually play a hi def movie. I get a pop up box which says "Please unplug your HDMI cable and try playing hte video again". Is this a rights management thing or is it a technical problem with the phone?

I can play Youtube, all other sources of video, but any real movie service does not work.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Some apps have been programmed to not work in HDMI mode. I know HBO is one if them.

CDMAengineer

Reaction score
why BS the user?

Some apps have been programmed to not work in HDMI mode. I know HBO is one if them.

It would be nice if htey would just tell you that it does not work, instead of making it look like some hardware problem. Being an engineer, I spent a couple of days playing with things before I came to the conclusion that there is a DRM problem. I mean just outright saying " Some apps have protected content and will not work on the HDMI cable" and then I would just know it is HBO and NOT the cable is bad.

Thanks MOT.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It would be nice if htey would just tell you that it does not work, instead of making it look like some hardware problem. Being an engineer, I spent a couple of days playing with things before I came to the conclusion that there is a DRM problem. I mean just outright saying " Some apps have protected content and will not work on the HDMI cable" and then I would just know it is HBO and NOT the cable is bad.

Thanks MOT.

I wouldn't had known if I didn't read it on the RealHDMI market page. Though, I kind of remember reading about content blocking back when the X first came out with Blockbuster.

pilot12

Reaction score

Hi,

Yes, I had the exact same results when I experimented with the cable. I ordered the HD dock the same day and got it overnight and I didn't connect directly again (HD dock works fine with no "loose connection"), so I never figured out if it was the port or the cable, but it was definitely on the phone end. I suspected the inexpensive cable from Monoprice might be the culprit, but that same cable is now working fine with the dock. The phone fits snugly into the dock and I can move the entire assembly around without losing the connection.

BTW, I do recommend the HD dock. It gives you a couple more options and more covenience when going HDMI to a larger screen. The included remote is a little glitchy so you might want to consider ordering a looooong cable from MP or wherever you buy your wires.

weslaing21

Reaction score
my hdmi is stuck in hdmi output but it doesnt a cord hooked up to it cannot get it to go away i have a droid 3