No Groups for Contacts??

cadre.9

Reaction score
On my Gmail account I have my Contacts separated into several Groups based on common interests so I can email a number of people at once. When my account synced with my phone all the Contacts are there but not the Groups. Does anyone know of a way to get my Gmail Groups onto my phone?

cadre

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my Gmail account I have my Contacts separated into several Groups based on common interests so I can email a number of people at once. When my account synced with my phone all the Contacts are there but not the Groups. Does anyone know of a way to get my Gmail Groups onto my phone?

cadre

The only way I can see how you make it work is name the group then tap the contact to set it up on the phone. It would seem to me that this should be able to do in Gmail without having to do itr on the phone as well, but I don't see it.

Last edited:
OP
cadre.9

cadre.9

Reaction score
My problem is that I have several groups with more than fifty contacts. Setting that up on the phone would be so tedious.

Any chance the gb update will address this?

cadre

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My problem is that I have several groups with more than fifty contacts. Setting that up on the phone would be so tedious.

Any chance the gb update will address this?

cadre

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

No, but I don't see what would be that difficult about it. It's not like you have to type the name in, you just touch the contact and it's added to the group. Whe you are finished, save and you're done.

I was always quite confident that Gmail would handle this, but apparenty it doesen'f. If I'm wornog someone will correct me but I don't see a way to doi it.

Damon

Reaction score
Maybe you could do as hookbill said. It is not that difficult.Or you can just download other contact program, like go contact?

OP
cadre.9

cadre.9

Reaction score
No, but I don't see what would be that difficult about it. It's not like you have to type the name in, you just touch the contact and it's added to the group. Whe you are finished, save and you're done.

I was always quite confident that Gmail would handle this, but apparently it doesn't. If I'm wrong someone will correct me but I don't see a way to doi it.

I'm not sure I'm following you. You're saying go in Contacts, create a new contact, name it (e.g., "Family"), then select the contacts I want included in that group by touching each? How would that get them into "Family"?

Forgive me if it sounds like I'm being dense but I'm just not understanding.

cadre

Bigocciput

Reaction score
I had the same problem. The way I got around it was to use a free app called Gangbook. It uses my google groups.

OP
cadre.9

cadre.9

Reaction score
Bigocciput thank you. I installed Gangbook and it instantly synced all my Groups from my desktop Gmail. I still can't believe Google didn't make that a part of the OS.

Thanks again.

cadre