No google sync with Froyo

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by thepenguin12, Jun 6, 2010.

1. thepenguin12

thepenguin12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,
    I just installed froyo on my phone and now I can't sync my phone with google. It never asked me to right away when I started the phone and I can't add the account either, it doesn't allow me. Any ideas?

2. Krish

Krish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's odd, did it just skip all the intro stuff when the rom loaded and started the rom? Did you clear/format system, cache, etc 1 - 2 times before installing the 2.2 rom. I know theres a delay in some sync when phone starts because of it restoring all the app data but that's about it.

3. thepenguin12

thepenguin12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    should i do wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition each twice? i originally didn't do that before loading the rom, by the way i am using sprecovery // and yes it did just load the rom, skipped the intro crap

4. thepenguin12

thepenguin12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    okay just went ahead and did those wipes, everything seems to be good now, phone is signing into my google account as we speak, thanks anyway

5. Krish

Krish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome and have fun. The reason why it didn't work is because when you restored the 2.2 you didn't wipe the previous data and it stuck around i believe and screwed things up. When jumping to different roms its always best to do a wipe before hand and also a backup before you do anything. Just so you don't run into problems.

#5 Krish, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  6. evititoe

evititoe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sync issues

I'm having a similar issue. I followed all the instructions, including wiping data & cache twice. After rebooting, it asked for my gmail credentials. However, it's not syncing my google contacts or gmail.

When going to menu > settings >accounts & sync, it DOES list my gmail account. However, if I click on it, there is nothing listed on that page. Normally, it would have individual entries for calendar, gmail, and contacts.

Any ideas?

Search tags for this page
adding google account on froyo

cant sign into gmail android froyo

contacts not syncing from froyo
froyo 2.2 problem google account

froyo add google account

froyo google account

froyo sync contacts

froyo sync google

google account froyo
google sync setting in froyo