no good battery life in CM7 build 6

D

dankarlinski

I had crap for battery on any cm7 rom. Went back to 2.0.1 as you can see below

Sent from my Liberated Droid2 (2.0.1)

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
after switching to build 10 and installing juice defender my battery is back to where it was when i was running liberty gb.. im pretty happy

tnygigles66

Reaction score
I remember battery life not being an issue on my G1 and my mytouch with CM on them.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
CM on the D2/DX is very, very new...there were plenty of issues w/CM on the D1 when it was first getting support. Give it a little breathing space. :)

cydetrakd

Reaction score
CM on the D2/DX is very, very new...there were plenty of issues w/CM on the D1 when it was first getting support. Give it a little breathing space. :)

I'll take cm7 over any rom on any phone so new for our phones it might be but i am happier with my d2 now than i have ever been with it running build 11 no probs. had a little issue on build 8 when i changed my notification back to the droid.ogg file it repeated "droid droid droid droid droid" like a total of 9 times after a voicemail or text but it was only that build. Other than that Cm7d2 has been very stable and my battery life is twice as long as it was on lb gb sometimes weeklies for the last few builds.

Cstryon

Reaction score

I'll take cm7 over any rom on any phone so new for our phones it might be but i am happier with my d2 now than i have ever been with it running build 11 no probs. had a little issue on build 8 when i changed my notification back to the droid.ogg file it repeated "droid droid droid droid droid" like a total of 9 times after a voicemail or text but it was only that build. Other than that Cm7d2 has been very stable and my battery life is twice as long as it was on lb gb sometimes weeklies for the last few builds.

How are you getting such awesome battery life?! I'm on 10 right now, about to flash 11. Maybe it's time to do a full wipe again....it has been a few builds.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
There may be a sleep issue w/the wifi module on CM ROMs...a general/broader issue than just CM on the D2. It may be that if wifi is on, whether it is connected to a network or not, the phone can't get into proper sleep mode.

phoenixus-on-CM4D2-DEV-THREAD said:
Granted, my developer knowledge is very limited for android at the moment, but I found a post on XDA that could be related to the wifi/suspend/sleep problems you guys are reporting.

According to this, it looks like it's a problem with the wifi driver, and known bug in android 2.3

xda-developers - View Single Post - FIX and INVESTIGATION: Android OS (battery drain) problem on Gingerbread[/quote\

Milky-on-the-CM4D2-DEV-THREAD said:
Here is a quote from that thread: "In case anyone's confused,it's recognized that some phones do have battery life problems that stem from: (a) not properly suspending to low-power states and,(b) continually attempting to suspend and resume, burning CPU in the suspend thread. The causes tend to be due to devices continually generating interrupts (that might not be properly handled by device drivers and hence continue to be generated),or drivers rejecting suspend for conditions that should be short-lived but instead persist for long time periods. In many cases the drivers involved are written by OEMs and Google does not have any knowledge of the drivers or devices causing the problem -- the folks who made the phone need to take a look."

[DEV_THREAD] CyanogenMod 7 (BASED) port for Droid 2 based of cvpcs cm4dx - Page 195

I'm going to try keeping wifi off unless I'm using it for video, big downloads, heavy surfing, etc., and see how that affects my battery life...if wifi is interrupting the phone getting to proper sleep mode, keeping wifi off, even when it isn't connected to a network, should have a positive impact on battery life.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
There may be a sleep issue w/the wifi module on CM ROMs...a general/broader issue than just CM on the D2. It may be that if wifi is on, whether it is connected to a network or not, the phone can't get into proper sleep mode.

phoenixus-on-CM4D2-DEV-THREAD said:
Granted, my developer knowledge is very limited for android at the moment, but I found a post on XDA that could be related to the wifi/suspend/sleep problems you guys are reporting.

According to this, it looks like it's a problem with the wifi driver, and known bug in android 2.3

xda-developers - View Single Post - FIX and INVESTIGATION: Android OS (battery drain) problem on Gingerbread[/quote\

Milky-on-the-CM4D2-DEV-THREAD said:
Here is a quote from that thread: "In case anyone's confused,it's recognized that some phones do have battery life problems that stem from: (a) not properly suspending to low-power states and,(b) continually attempting to suspend and resume, burning CPU in the suspend thread. The causes tend to be due to devices continually generating interrupts (that might not be properly handled by device drivers and hence continue to be generated),or drivers rejecting suspend for conditions that should be short-lived but instead persist for long time periods. In many cases the drivers involved are written by OEMs and Google does not have any knowledge of the drivers or devices causing the problem -- the folks who made the phone need to take a look."

[DEV_THREAD] CyanogenMod 7 (BASED) port for Droid 2 based of cvpcs cm4dx - Page 195

I'm going to try keeping wifi off unless I'm using it for video, big downloads, heavy surfing, etc., and see how that affects my battery life...if wifi is interrupting the phone getting to proper sleep mode, keeping wifi off, even when it isn't connected to a network, should have a positive impact on battery life.

It has nothing to do with wifi. Mine has been off and it still drains as if I'm trying to run the car off it.

Sent from my Droid 2 running Cyanogenmod 7

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with wifi. Mine has been off and it still drains as if I'm trying to run the car off it.

All that shows is that there may be other subfunctions involved in addition to wifi... :)

I had severe battery drain related to a Media Server choking and running continuously and clearing thumbnails and deleting some image files cleared it up, so there may also be other battery drain issues unrelated to the sleep issues discussed at that link...

bkosh84

Reaction score
i cleared battery stats and did the whole procedure for that and battery life seemed to improve for me.

havens1515

Reaction score

I agree, my battery life is terrible right now too and my wifi has been off. Plus, that post said the wifi issue is in GB. Zombiestomped was GB, and I had awesome battery life with that.

i cleared battery stats and did the whole procedure for that and battery life seemed to improve for me.

I've done that a few times now, and it hasn't helped.

I'm thinking of doing a full wipe again soon and see if that helps.

ralbusta

Reaction score
I was also seeing some crazy battery drain as well on every build. What I finally figured out was that for me it was the Twitter widget. In the stats Twitter used more battery than the display.

I've canned the Twitter widget for Tweetcaster, and I'm on build 11 with Juice defender now and couldn't be happier. Huge improvement.

havens1515

Reaction score
I was also seeing some crazy battery drain as well on every build. What I finally figured out was that for me it was the Twitter widget. In the stats Twitter used more battery than the display.

I've canned the Twitter widget for Tweetcaster, and I'm on build 11 with Juice defender now and couldn't be happier. Huge improvement.

That's not the issue for me. Just checked the battery stats, and Display was on top, then Android System. I have a twitter widget, but I use the official Twitter app, not Tweetcaster or any other 3rd party Twitter app.