No G-mail notification

Plastics

Reaction score
Why is it I am not getting a notification of g-mail ? I have two g-mail accounts (on personal & one buisness). I have the buisness g-mail set at synch off so that way I have manual controll. The notification box is checked for my personal account (so I think), but it will not notify me of incoming mail unless I manually go to the mail account and hit refresh (or turn the phone off and then back on).

Suggestions ? ?

JayMonster

Reaction score
So when you go to Menu>settings>Accounts & sync settings

does it show the one Gmail account set to "Sync Is On"?

And if you press on that is Sync Gmail Checked?

DROIDustin

Reaction score
I'm also having some notification issues with Gmail. The notification icon will appear put if the screen is off it will not always play a sound notification. Also, before anyone asks, no silent mode is not on.

OP
P

Plastics

Reaction score
Jay Monster,

Thanks. Somehow the synch for that account got turned off. I will see if it functions as it should.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I'm also having some notification issues with Gmail. The notification icon will appear put if the screen is off it will not always play a sound notification. Also, before anyone asks, no silent mode is not on.

I saw this happen once... but only when the Gmail app was open and the screen was off. Basically in that case it seems like since the application is "open" (even though the screen is off), it recognizes the e-mail was received and the sound doesn't play.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Jay Monster,

Thanks. Somehow the synch for that account got turned off. I will see if it functions as it should.

Glad to help.

Out of curiosity, (since several have had this issue it seems), did you run you battery real low at some point. (Basically I am wondering if it possibly shut down sync in a low battery state)

OP
P

Plastics

Reaction score
There have been a few times the battery indicator was yellow. Is that too far to run it? Is it possible to short charge the battery?

JayMonster

Reaction score
There have been a few times the battery indicator was yellow. Is that too far to run it? Is it possible to short charge the battery?

Yellow should be fine. I am just trying to guess at this point. And for the record yes, you can short charge the battery. Li-Ion has no "memory" issues to worry about.